Default Outboard Motor Stand

I want to build an Outboard Motor Stand to store and repair my 4 HP engine
when needed.
At this time, I do not have any set plan. I would appreciate any tips,
ideas or plans.
TIA
Denis M

On Sun, 29 Jun 2008 17:06:03 -0300, "Denis M"
wrote:

I want to build an Outboard Motor Stand to store and repair my 4 HP engine
when needed.
At this time, I do not have any set plan. I would appreciate any tips,
ideas or plans.
TIA
Denis M

Put up a "Yo Scotty" over in rec.boats and you may get a good answer.

"Denis M" wrote in message
I want to build an Outboard Motor Stand to store and repair my 4 HP engine
when needed.
At this time, I do not have any set plan. I would appreciate any tips,
ideas or plans.
TIA
Denis M

I built a wooden one out of 2" x 4" lumber. Holds two outboards but is big
& awkward to move around.
If I thought the Johnson stand in this ad was as good as
advertized.....................
http://search.ebay.ca/outboard-motor...motorQ20stands

On Sun, 29 Jun 2008 19:30:23 -0300, "Don White"
wrote:

"Denis M" wrote in message
.. .
I want to build an Outboard Motor Stand to store and repair my 4 HP engine
when needed.
At this time, I do not have any set plan. I would appreciate any tips,
ideas or plans.
TIA
Denis M

I built a wooden one out of 2" x 4" lumber. Holds two outboards but is big
& awkward to move around.
If I thought the Johnson stand in this ad was as good as
advertized.....................
http://search.ebay.ca/outboard-motor...motorQ20stands

Why wouldn't a simple sawhorse work for a small engine like a 4 hp?
Saw horse brackets of various types are cheap, and so are 2X4's.
You can toss it if you have no further use for it, instead of storing
it.

Vic

"Don White" wrote in message

"Denis M" wrote in message
I want to build an Outboard Motor Stand to store and repair my 4 HP engine
when needed.
At this time, I do not have any set plan. I would appreciate any tips,
ideas or plans.
TIA
Denis M

I built a wooden one out of 2" x 4" lumber. Holds two outboards but is
big & awkward to move around.
If I thought the Johnson stand in this ad was as good as
advertized.....................
http://search.ebay.ca/outboard-motor...motorQ20stands

I like the models shown at the ref: website. The ideas are great. Make I
can use an electrcian tube bender and 3/4" Dia. thin wall conduits and have
a go at it.

"Denis M" wrote
I want to build an Outboard Motor Stand to
store and repair my 4 HP engine when needed.

Here's mine: http://blizzard.zmm.com/g20/outboard.jpg
Nothing fancy, just a sturdy little sawhorse, sized to fit my outboard,
built from materials I had on hand.

On Sun, 29 Jun 2008 21:28:54 -0400, "Ernest Scribbler"
wrote:

"Denis M" wrote
I want to build an Outboard Motor Stand to
store and repair my 4 HP engine when needed.

Here's mine: http://blizzard.zmm.com/g20/outboard.jpg
Nothing fancy, just a sturdy little sawhorse, sized to fit my outboard,
built from materials I had on hand.

Thanks for the kick in the butt I needed to get going with the
2X4s...

Brian W

On Sun, 29 Jun 2008 20:38:55 -0500, Brian Whatcott
wrote:

On Sun, 29 Jun 2008 21:28:54 -0400, "Ernest Scribbler"
wrote:

"Denis M" wrote
I want to build an Outboard Motor Stand to
store and repair my 4 HP engine when needed.

Here's mine: http://blizzard.zmm.com/g20/outboard.jpg
Nothing fancy, just a sturdy little sawhorse, sized to fit my outboard,
built from materials I had on hand.

Thanks for the kick in the butt I needed to get going with the
2X4s...

Brian W

Here's what Scotty had to say over in rec.boats:

"Well a quick idea would be those folding sawbucks at HomeDepot or
whereever. Something like this just add wood. Depending on how big the
engine is, I might add a length across the bottoms of the legs that
stick out on the heavy side of the stand... Or he could just do what
Loogie and I do, make your kids hold the engine all season long if
they want to eat"

Good luck!

"Denis M" wrote in message
I want to build an Outboard Motor Stand to store and repair my 4 HP engine
when needed.
At this time, I do not have any set plan. I would appreciate any tips,
ideas or plans.
TIA
Denis M

BTW here's a pic of the stand I built a couple years ago. It was in my
basement at first for storage of my 50 year old british Seagull and my
sailboat outboard.
now it resides in my shed... but the Evinrude is gone with the sailboat and
my new Johnson 25 may be a bit heavy for it.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...Halifax004.jpg

"Brian Whatcott" wrote
Thanks for the kick in the butt I
needed to get going with the 2X4s...

I designed my sawhorse to straddle a large tupperware tub for test runs,
btw.

Old Motor versus New Motor (outboard) Gil Boat Building 4 November 3rd 07 08:52 AM
Old Motor versus New Motor (outboard) Gil Cruising 0 November 2nd 07 05:15 PM
Outboard Motor Will General 14 July 30th 04 09:31 AM
Outboard Motor John Touring 12 April 25th 04 07:15 PM
Outboard motor Tony Roberts General 0 April 8th 04 11:08 PM