Default Non-skid materials - Kiwi Grip experience ??

4 years ago I had my sailboat painted with Awlgrip. The molded in
gelcoat non-skid was sanded down and the non-skid redone in Awlgrip
with the Awlgrip coarse plastic beads. Unfortunately, we find the
Awlgrip non-skid is too smooth - not grippy enough. My friend put Kiwi
Grip on his boat when he was in NZ about 6 years ago - and it still
works fine. Any other experiences with this material. Any other
suggestions?
-----------------
-----------------

On Jun 14, 1:56 pm, wrote:
...My friend put Kiwi
Grip on his boat when he was in NZ about 6 years ago - and it still
works fine. Any other experiences with this material. Any other
suggestions? ...

I think that's the stuff I used. It was a water-based product that
you put on with a texture roller. The more you rolled it the smother
it got. (ie one roll for super aggressive, two for medium and three
for mild) I borrowed a bit from a buddy in 01/02 to do a couple of
spots on the boat that had been finished smooth and they're still
pretty grippy. It was nice stuff to work with and available in the
local hardware store for a reasonable fee but I can't swear that it
was Kiwi-Grip (tm) as I just got a peanut butter jar full of the
stuff. Another non-traditional way to go is with rubberized water
based paints intended for pool decks.

-- Tom.

We used some Kiwi Grip on our cockpit deck last year. So far it has worked
well. We applied it a bit too thin - don't try to economise, it needs to be
aplied thick. We'll be putting a second coat on to make up for the thin
spots that we induced.

On Jun 14, 4:56*pm, wrote:
4 years ago I had my sailboat painted with Awlgrip. The molded in
gelcoat non-skid was sanded down and the non-skid redone in Awlgrip
with the Awlgrip coarse plastic beads. Unfortunately, we *find the
Awlgrip non-skid is too smooth - not grippy enough. My friend put Kiwi
Grip on his boat when he was in NZ about 6 years ago - and it still
works fine. Any other experiences with this material. *Any other
suggestions?
-----------------www.Newsgroup-Binaries.com- *Completion*Retention*Speed*
-----------------

I did a report on Non Skid Coatings a while back on another froum.
http://www.sailnet.com/forums/gear-m...on-skid-3.html

If you would like check it out. The Kiwigrip has been on for 2 years
and holding up well. Willy who sells Kiwigrip in the states, told me
Kiwigrip will last about 5 years in a commercial application.

Fair Winds
Cap'n dave

How to prepare a Kiwi jlrogers[_2_] ASA 1 August 31st 07 05:56 PM
Go KIWI Nav ASA 5 October 19th 04 12:33 AM
Gun running Kiwi terrorists. Nav ASA 16 October 15th 04 02:11 PM
Nautix Grip Jonathan Cruising 1 September 15th 04 06:20 PM
FS: Double Grip Lewmar Winch handles in NY Bobsprit Marketplace 0 April 15th 04 04:02 AM