Default Is Wilbur the only one here with real cruising experience?

That's the impression I get.

"Road Rage!" wrote in news:1uh40v.bb8.17.1
@news.alt.net:

That's the impression I get.

Only if you believe a person who's full of themselves. From what I can
tell, his only boat is in his dreams or floats in his bath tub.

Wilbur just likes to demean others. While he may have some positives, his
negatives well outweigh his positives. What's really sad is how often he
squelches meaningful conversations among people who have things to
contribute.

It's actually been quite pleasant in here lately without his rancor. Let's
hope that he's moved to alt.sailing.asa which is much more his style.

Of course your monicker makes me suspect that you're another of Wilbur's
impersonations and just another sad aspect of the individual.

-- Geoff
www.GeoffSchultz.org

On 2008-06-09 19:39:46 -0400, Geoff Schultz said:

Let's hope that he's moved to alt.sailing.asa which is much more his style.

I'm a little more charitable and hope he's out and actually getting
some experience, not that he's likely to do any "lessons learned" posts.

--
Jere Lull

On 2008-06-09 19:39:46 -0400, Geoff Schultz
said:

Let's hope that he's moved to alt.sailing.asa which is much more his
style.

I'm a little more charitable and hope he's out and actually getting some
experience, not that he's likely to do any "lessons learned" posts.

--
Jere Lull

That would be naive not charitable. He hasn't sailing in several years.
I'm sure he has a nice, low-end RV, but given the high cost of fuel probably
don't get out much. RR! is just a sockpuppet... hard to tell who's.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

Jere Lull wrote in

On 2008-06-09 19:39:46 -0400, Geoff Schultz
said:

Let's hope that he's moved to alt.sailing.asa which is much more his
style.

I'm a little more charitable and hope he's out and actually getting
some experience, not that he's likely to do any "lessons learned"
posts.

I think that it's great that you're willing to be charitable to someone who
has exhibited no charity to anyone else. I'm just not one of those who is
willing to extend the same. More power to you!

-- Geoff
www.GeoffSchultz.org

On 2008-06-09 19:39:46 -0400, Geoff Schultz
said:

Let's hope that he's moved to alt.sailing.asa which is much more his
style.

I'm a little more charitable and hope he's out and actually getting
some experience, not that he's likely to do any "lessons learned"
posts.

I think that it's great that you're willing to be charitable to someone who
has exhibited no charity to anyone else. I'm just not one of those who is
willing to extend the same. More power to you!

-- Geoffwww.GeoffSchultz.org

Yup, he cruises back and forth to the likker store.

"Road Rage!" wrote in message
That's the impression I get.

You have good instincts and you are correct. Compared to me most of the
others who post here are duffers. Here are my credentials.

1) have lived aboard and cruised extensively since 1985.
2) have a Master license from USCG
3) aged mid-sixties with the mind and body of a 30-year-old
4) never had to be rescued or even close to it
5) never had a boat founder
6) have weathered aboard no fewer than 18 hurricanes and tropical storms
7) have a Ph.D. in English
8) IQ tested in the 145-160 range on standard tests professionally
administered
9) uncommonly handsome
10) three single-handed circumnavigations
11) continue to live aboard and cruise (Allied Seawind 32)
12) never abused illegal recreational drugs, can't abide people who do
13) outspoken and enjoy telling it like it is
14) can't abide wimps, sissies and pretenders like Geoff Schultz, for
example.
15) maintain with conviction that roll-up sails identify any cruiser as lazy
and inept
16) know for a fact that diesels are anathema to sailing
17) know for a fact that women have no place aboard a well-found cruiser
18) can sail circles around anybody who posts to this group
19) have natural 20-20 vision
20) world famous

The subscribers here are so very stupid and ignorant. The things they
discuss are mostly motor related or things they've read on the Internet.
They rarely go anywhere under sail let alone venture offshore. None of these
people live aboard permanently or have the balls to try it. None can anchor
under sail or sail out their anchors. Motor headed mentality is all that's
in evidence here. None of these people have the guts to speak their mind;
they have to couch everything in politically correct terms.

Is it any wonder I tend to speak down to subscribers. I can't help it. I
stand so far above you all that it's laughable.

Wilbur Hubbard

"WaIIy" wrote in message
On Mon, 9 Jun 2008 20:35:32 -0400, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

17) know for a fact that women have no place aboard a well-found cruiser

Translation: I'm a wimpy English major who can't find another gay guy
to sail with.

Does that mean you're interested in a berth?

Wilbur Hubbard

Wilbur how was the boat festival in Mahone Bay last year?

Roger Long wrote:

I suggest you look at the RBC Profiles page:

http://www.sailnow.com/RBC/RBCprofiles.htm

You can find links here to websites and photo collections maintained by
several of the the regulars here that make it quite clear that they have
real boats and go real places.

See Wilbur's pathetic response in this thread. Do you really think someone
so boastful and full of it would fail to provide photos of his boat and
descriptions of his travels if anything he said was true? He'll be back
here shortly to say that we are too far beneath him to be privy to his
travels but this group seems to occupy and inordinate amount of his time.
Anyone who actually owned a Swan 68 could afford to hire a webmaster to back
up his ravings. Anyone with such an ego would certainly show up plenty of
pictures. He's said some things that make me think that he may have had some
cruising and sailing experience in the past but his cruising now is pretty
clearly limited to trips between his room and the recreation room of
whatever facility he is currently in. As they say in Texas, "All hat and no
cattle."

(Yes, I know you, the OP, are really just Neal / Wilbur in one of his
various guises but am responding for the benifit of anyone new here.)

--
Roger Long
(Old ball cap, couple of cows)