posted to alt.sailing,ott.rec.sailing,rec.boats.cruising,aus.sport.sailing,rec.boats.paddle

Default Great sailing book

If you are into sailing like me then you will enjoy this book I just
read. I meet Hubert Marcoux at a conference and couldn't put his book
down. I may not be able to sail around the world. But Hubert made me
part of his series of unthinkable events that transformed his five-
year journey into an 18-year odyssey. If you like sailing you will
enjoy this book!

http://www.hubertmarcoux.com/

On May 22, 9:25 pm, wrote:
If you are into sailing like me then you will enjoy this book I just
read. I meet Hubert Marcoux at a conference and couldn't put his book
down. I may not be able to sail around the world. But Hubert made me
part of his series of unthinkable events that transformed his five-
year journey into an 18-year odyssey. If you like sailing you will
enjoy this book!

http://www.hubertmarcoux.com/

It was an OK book. Still, by far, the best "sailing alone around
the world" book
was written by Captain Joshua Slocum in 1900
posted to alt.sailing,ott.rec.sailing,rec.boats.cruising,aus.sport.sailing,rec.boats.paddle
jg jg is offline

capri wrote:
On May 22, 9:25 pm, wrote:
If you are into sailing like me then you will enjoy this book I just
read. I meet Hubert Marcoux at a conference and couldn't put his book
down. I may not be able to sail around the world. But Hubert made me
part of his series of unthinkable events that transformed his five-
year journey into an 18-year odyssey. If you like sailing you will
enjoy this book!

http://www.hubertmarcoux.com/

It was an OK book. Still, by far, the best "sailing alone around
the world" book
was written by Captain Joshua Slocum in 1900

Never read it, but all accounts call it a classic. (more than 1 book?) I
wonder if any book ever spawned so many replicas like Spray which was
probably only ever a compromise at the time and better boats must have
been built in the last 100 years.
posted to alt.sailing,ott.rec.sailing,rec.boats.cruising,aus.sport.sailing,rec.boats.paddle

Hi,
You can download Joshua Slocum's book for free (along with hundreds of
thousands of other books) from project geutenberg website. they have
it in txt format, and html. It was a good read. they have quite a
few other sailing related books for free in text format too, but dont
have a ready list just now. Ive read most of them.

Best Regards,
Shaun

Great battery book... Larry Cruising 3 October 2nd 06 04:06 PM
sailing log book? Jinx Cruising 16 August 24th 06 01:39 PM
Great Battery Book on Usenet Larry Cruising 12 August 23rd 06 02:43 PM
sailing log book Jinx General 0 August 17th 06 06:19 PM