posted to alt.sailing,ott.rec.sailing,rec.boats.cruising,aus.sport.sailing,rec.boats.paddle
jg jg is offline

Default Great sailing book

capri wrote:
On May 22, 9:25 pm, wrote:
If you are into sailing like me then you will enjoy this book I just
read. I meet Hubert Marcoux at a conference and couldn't put his book
down. I may not be able to sail around the world. But Hubert made me
part of his series of unthinkable events that transformed his five-
year journey into an 18-year odyssey. If you like sailing you will
enjoy this book!

http://www.hubertmarcoux.com/

It was an OK book. Still, by far, the best "sailing alone around
the world" book
was written by Captain Joshua Slocum in 1900

Never read it, but all accounts call it a classic. (more than 1 book?) I
wonder if any book ever spawned so many replicas like Spray which was
probably only ever a compromise at the time and better boats must have
been built in the last 100 years.