Default Ebay sails..

After a lot of time waiting for the right-ish size to come up, I won an
almost new dacron main and jib sail to act as spares.

I took both my original set and the replacement ones to North Sails
today to make sure they were compatible.

The main was exactly the right size up top, only needing 3' cut off the
foot - cost approx $400. So plus the purchase price of $260 plus
delivery, I feel quite pleased! The new main has battens, whereas the
original one didn't. The sailmaker said that the original was a cut-down
already, which is why the battens weren't present.

Lets hope the jib is as compliant!

PS Larry - I bought a 1200a/hr generator - chinese - new for $100. It's
a 2-stroke (No matter - I ride an old Vespa). I'll let the list know how
it performs.
--
Molesworth

Molesworth wrote:
After a lot of time waiting for the right-ish size to come up, I won an
almost new dacron main and jib sail to act as spares.

I didn't know there were sails on Ebay.
Thanks for the tip, I'm looking for some new-ish sails too.

Fresh Breezes- Doug King

NEW Sails!!! Capt. Rob ASA 36 October 17th 06 01:04 AM
NEW Sails!!! Thom Stewart ASA 0 October 13th 06 02:50 AM
Sails and more Sails--Andrew Andrew Scott ASA 2 October 18th 05 01:48 AM
Mast/Sails on Ebay... PhotonTek Boat Building 0 June 10th 04 02:09 PM
New sails? Little help please? Brian McAloon ASA 3 October 2nd 03 05:47 PM