Default ACR 406 EPIRB aerial replacement

Following a recent posting whereby ACR sent a replacement aerial for a
406 EPIRB, I contacted the company and have since received, gratis, a
brand new aerial which is simply a screw in fit. The old one's
external rubberised plastic sheathing had begun to disintergrate.

I originally bought the unit in Sydney, Australia in 1999 and thus
would not have minded being charged for it. The only cost was the
curier fee of US$20.38.

That is customer service and integrity.

Peter

In article ,
Herodotus wrote:
Following a recent posting whereby ACR sent a replacement aerial for a
406 EPIRB, I contacted the company and have since received, gratis, a
brand new aerial which is simply a screw in fit. The old one's
external rubberised plastic sheathing had begun to disintergrate.

I originally bought the unit in Sydney, Australia in 1999 and thus
would not have minded being charged for it. The only cost was the
curier fee of US$20.38.

That is customer service and integrity.

Good to know. I removed mine from the holder two weeks ago to send
it in for battery replacement. I set it on the settee, and when I
went to pick it up, the antenna was bent. When I did pick it up,
the antenna fell off.

Needless to say, I haven't been offshore lately.

ron
--
Ron Roberts or
Phone (512) 971-1614

Sharing aerial with DSC VHF and AIS [email protected] Electronics 13 May 17th 05 12:15 AM
Acer Epirb Battery replacement Dan Best Cruising 2 July 12th 04 01:51 PM
RADAR AERIAL MAST Rob Boat Building 10 April 28th 04 04:46 AM
RADAR AERIAL MAST Rob Electronics 8 April 28th 04 04:46 AM
RADAR AERIAL MAST Rob UK Power Boats 8 April 28th 04 04:46 AM