Default Bruce in Bangkok begone! Long.

"JR" wrote in message
Well then "Wesley", Perhaps you should use your own words rather than
someone elses.
Plagerism is such a pathetic and ugly thing.
Regards,
JR

Lying is also a pathetic and ugly thing.

Maybe you should put up a link to prove the plagiarism. Put up or shut up!
--
Gregory Hall

"Wesley Mouch" wrote in message
This post tells a tale about power and politics and propaganda, about
the tension between respectable, sensible sailors and pudibund brigands
like Bruce in Bangkok. It is a story about Bruce's efforts to shift our
news group from a culture of conscience to a culture of consensus.

Let me get to the crux of the matter: I recently read some posts of his
and they tell a bunch of people that he would sooner give up money,
fame, power, and happiness than read posts from his enemies list. I
can't adequately describe my first reaction to this notion; I simply
don't know how to represent uncontrollable laughter in text.

While some information provided in his posts may be factual, other
material is unsubstantiated rumor or hate-filled dissertations. He
believes that censorship is noble, slavery is freedom, and ignorance is
strength. Sorry, but I have to call foul on that one. Other than that, I
never used to be particularly concerned about Bruce's constant
pretending and snow jobs. Any damned fool, or so I thought, could see
that as that last sentence suggests,

I have no set opinion as to whether or not Bruce is immovably entrenched
in his manipulative philosophical positions. I do, however, decidedly
maintain that my goal is to strengthen this discussion group so we can
weather the storms that threaten our foundation. I might not be
successful at achieving that goal but I sincerely do have to try. I must
suggest that Bruce and his ilk are doing the exact wrong thing by even
mentioning the name of one Wilbur Hubbard. To do so just brings him more
fame and fortune. You can't even mention destroyers like Mr. Hubbard!

What I find frightening is that some subscribers actually believe
Bruce's line that truth is whatever your grievance group says it is. In
this case, "sock puppet" refers to a stratum of the residual
intelligentsia surviving the repression of the moronic, base subscriber,
not to those seekers of truth who understand that if one dares to
criticize even a single tenet of Bruce's jaded ideas, one is promptly
condemned as predatory, blockish, deluded, disruptive or whatever
epithet Bruce deems most appropriate, usually without much explanation.
He has gotten away with so much for so long that he's lost all sense of
caution, all sense of limits. If you think about it, only a man without
any sense of limits could desire to shift blame from those who benefit
from oppression to those who suffer from it.

It's easy enough to hate Bruce any day of the week on general
principles. But now I'll tell you about some very specific things that
Bruce is up to, things that ought to make a real Bruce-hater out of all
of you. First off, I believe I have finally figured out what makes
people like him subject human beings to indignities. It appears to be a
combination of an overactive but senile mind, lack of common sense,
assurance of one's own moral propriety, and a total lack of exposure to
the real world. (After all his world consists of a dock in Bangkok.)

Moreover he's living a lie. He failed at his attempt at circumnavigation
and ended up stuck in a third-world country of druggies and sex
offenders.He says he likes it there. What does that say about his moral
code. His ethics? His humanity?

So long as the crass inequities that characterize that society persist,
Bruce's janissaries will be unable to deny that it is easier to see
faults in others than in themselves. But it takes perseverance to weaken
the critical links in his nexus of self-aggrandizing simplism. All this
aside, I hope to convert retreat into advance. To turn this newsgroup
from inane to interesting.

This is a choice I have made; your choice is up to you. But let me
remind you that Bruce's disciples all look like Bruce, think like Bruce,
act like Bruce, and institutionalize pharisaism through systematic
coersion, distorted lies and ideas, and dubious morality, just like
Bruce does. And all this in the name of -- let me see if I can get their
propaganda straight -- brotherhood, service and fellowship. Ha!

Now that this post is over, I pray that my logic and passion have
convinced you that Mr. Bruce's conduct is worse than the Black Death of
olden times.

--
W. Mouch, State Science Institute

Bangkok Gordon Cruising 1 October 25th 07 06:52 AM
More proof that Bruce on the Bangkok Dock is no sailor Wilbur Hubbard Cruising 26 August 22nd 07 11:32 AM
Ping Bruce in Bangkok Herodotus Cruising 28 August 19th 07 01:12 AM
Bruce Roberts GK Boat Building 21 December 13th 05 01:11 AM
Bruce King Bart Senior ASA 4 June 26th 04 03:43 AM