Steve

Default Source for Sunbrella

I have been searching for a good price on Sunbrella in quantities less than
a full roll.. (it seems a full roll is the best deal but that would be 200
yds).

Sail Rite is good and they have always treated me well, but their per yd
price was more than I wanted to pay for my needs.

This week, I did another Google and came up with Outdoor Textiles
https://outdoortextiles.securedigita...766eac5ae165cb

They sell by the yard and the price break starts at +5 yards. 60" for 5
yards is $17 and 5+ yard is $14.40. Similar prices for 46" material..

My order was for 10 yds and there was no shipping charge.

Steve
s/v Good Intentions

Rich Hampel

Most "to-the-trade" wholesale fabric distributors (especially in major
coastal cities) will have excellent prices for sunbrella. I guess the
same would apply to the Gr. Lakes, etc. or anyplace there is a lot of
boating activity. Be careful when you specify as the 'trade' uses two
distinct grades of Sunbrella - interior and exterior. Cash on the
barrel head only. If you have a legit. company letterhead, etc. they
will ship.

In article , Steve
wrote:

I have been searching for a good price on Sunbrella in quantities less than
a full roll.. (it seems a full roll is the best deal but that would be 200
yds).

Sail Rite is good and they have always treated me well, but their per yd
price was more than I wanted to pay for my needs.

This week, I did another Google and came up with Outdoor Textiles

https://outdoortextiles.securedigita...ESSID=22b3dd66
e45c32fae2766eac5ae165cb&PHPSESSID=22b3dd66e45c32f ae2766eac5ae165cb

They sell by the yard and the price break starts at +5 yards. 60" for 5
yards is $17 and 5+ yard is $14.40. Similar prices for 46" material..

My order was for 10 yds and there was no shipping charge.

Steve
s/v Good Intentions

Doug Dotson

Never heard of "interior" vs "exterior" Sunbrella. There are two
grades but they are more appropriately designated as "Marine"
grade vs "Upolstery" grade. The marine grade comes in wider widths
and is a bit heavier.

Doug
s/v Callista

wrote:

I have been searching for a good price on Sunbrella in quantities less

than
a full roll.. (it seems a full roll is the best deal but that would be

200
yds).

Sail Rite is good and they have always treated me well, but their per yd
price was more than I wanted to pay for my needs.

This week, I did another Google and came up with Outdoor Textiles

https://outdoortextiles.securedigita...ESSID=22b3dd66
e45c32fae2766eac5ae165cb&PHPSESSID=22b3dd66e45c32f ae2766eac5ae165cb

They sell by the yard and the price break starts at +5 yards. 60" for

5
yards is $17 and 5+ yard is $14.40. Similar prices for 46" material..

My order was for 10 yds and there was no shipping charge.

Steve
s/v Good Intentions

Doug Dotson

Correct, but the upolstery grade is still intended for outdoor
use (patio furniture, etc). Not aware of any product under
the Sunbrella name that is intended primarily for indoor use.

wrote:

[...]

Keith

Sunbrella does make a line for indoor use on boats. I had my pilothouse
watch berth covered with it. I guess it's got a better "feel" but not as
durable, since it's not designed for full time weather exposure.

--

Keith
__