Rich Hampel

Default Source for Sunbrella

Most "to-the-trade" wholesale fabric distributors (especially in major
coastal cities) will have excellent prices for sunbrella. I guess the
same would apply to the Gr. Lakes, etc. or anyplace there is a lot of
boating activity. Be careful when you specify as the 'trade' uses two
distinct grades of Sunbrella - interior and exterior. Cash on the
barrel head only. If you have a legit. company letterhead, etc. they
will ship.

In article , Steve
wrote:

I have been searching for a good price on Sunbrella in quantities less than
a full roll.. (it seems a full roll is the best deal but that would be 200
yds).

Sail Rite is good and they have always treated me well, but their per yd
price was more than I wanted to pay for my needs.

This week, I did another Google and came up with Outdoor Textiles

https://outdoortextiles.securedigita...ESSID=22b3dd66
e45c32fae2766eac5ae165cb&PHPSESSID=22b3dd66e45c32f ae2766eac5ae165cb

They sell by the yard and the price break starts at +5 yards. 60" for 5
yards is $17 and 5+ yard is $14.40. Similar prices for 46" material..

My order was for 10 yds and there was no shipping charge.

Steve
s/v Good Intentions

Glenn Ashmore

If you are real patient you can get some bargains on bolt ends on eBay.
I picked up 30 yards of 60" Pacific Blue for $6/yd. That is the most
popular color. Other colors go for as little as $3/yd.

https://outdoortextiles.securedigita...766eac5ae165cb

--
Glenn Ashmore

there of) at: http://www.rutuonline.com

Steve

Yah! I been watching for Pacific Blue #4601 or #6001 on eBay, but I must
have missed out on that one.. Most of the colors I have seen are those odd
colors, like Burgundy, etc.

I'm kinda committed to the Pacific Blue because I had several yards of it
already and I made the sleeve for the furled head sail already..

So far this price is the best I have found for what I need and the fact that
their minimum order is low and free shipping..

For the other poster concerned about the type; this site advertises using
the Sunbrella logo and lists all that product by the the standard color
numbers that I find on the actual Sunbrella site.

Steve
s/v Good Intentions

Mark

For the other poster concerned about the type; this site advertises using
the Sunbrella logo and lists all that product by the the standard color
numbers that I find on the actual Sunbrella site.

Steve
s/v Good Intentions

Ya do gotta watch out. I got convinced into buying what was "Dyklon"
once and although it held up for a coupla years, it is definitely
dying now while the Sunbrella stuff is still holding up.

I just buy Sunbrella at North Sails at their cost, 12 bucks a yard or
so.
Doug Dotson

They are fibbing to you. Our cost for Sunbrella is quite a bit
less than $12/yd, and I'm sure we don't buy as much as North does.
We are starting to do alot of work in Stamoid which costs a bit more
but is more durable than Sunbrella. It is a vinyl type fabric though.

Doug
s/v Callista

"Mark" wrote in message
om...
For the other poster concerned about the type; this site advertises

using
the Sunbrella logo and lists all that product by the the standard color
numbers that I find on the actual Sunbrella site.

Steve
s/v Good Intentions

Ya do gotta watch out. I got convinced into buying what was "Dyklon"
once and although it held up for a coupla years, it is definitely
dying now while the Sunbrella stuff is still holding up.

I just buy Sunbrella at North Sails at their cost, 12 bucks a yard or
so.

Doug Dotson

Hey, hey! Our whole boat is done in Burgundy. Pacific Blue is falling
out of favor around here (know popularly as Boat Blue). Captain
Navy has been most popular color around here for the last few years,
with burgundy, tan, and green close behind.

Doug
s/v Callista

"Steve" wrote in message
Yah! I been watching for Pacific Blue #4601 or #6001 on eBay, but I must
have missed out on that one.. Most of the colors I have seen are those odd
colors, like Burgundy, etc.

I'm kinda committed to the Pacific Blue because I had several yards of it
already and I made the sleeve for the furled head sail already..

So far this price is the best I have found for what I need and the fact

that
their minimum order is low and free shipping..

For the other poster concerned about the type; this site advertises using
the Sunbrella logo and lists all that product by the the standard color
numbers that I find on the actual Sunbrella site.

Steve
s/v Good Intentions

felton

On Sat, 28 Feb 2004 18:42:40 -0500, "Doug Dotson"
wrote:

Hey, hey! Our whole boat is done in Burgundy. Pacific Blue is falling
out of favor around here (know popularly as Boat Blue). Captain
Navy has been most popular color around here for the last few years,
with burgundy, tan, and green close behind.

Doug
s/v Callista

I know what you mean about Pacific Blue. I have all my canvas in
Pacific Blue Tweed. Same general color family but looks much richer
to me and seems to avoid looking dirty, even when it is

"Steve" wrote in message
Yah! I been watching for Pacific Blue #4601 or #6001 on eBay, but I must
have missed out on that one.. Most of the colors I have seen are those odd
colors, like Burgundy, etc.

I'm kinda committed to the Pacific Blue because I had several yards of it
already and I made the sleeve for the furled head sail already..

So far this price is the best I have found for what I need and the fact

that
their minimum order is low and free shipping..

For the other poster concerned about the type; this site advertises using
the Sunbrella logo and lists all that product by the the standard color
numbers that I find on the actual Sunbrella site.

Steve
s/v Good Intentions

Rosalie B.

x-no-archive:yes

"Doug Dotson" wrote:

Hey, hey! Our whole boat is done in Burgundy. Pacific Blue is falling
out of favor around here (know popularly as Boat Blue). Captain
Navy has been most popular color around here for the last few years,
with burgundy, tan, and green close behind.

Doug
s/v Callista

Our boat is in the color known as Black Cherry in the catalogs, which
is maroon or burgundy. That's because we have a maroon stripe. I
don't care for the tan. I like the aqua and that would be my choice
maybe if we didn't have a boat with a red type stripe. I totally hate
black because it becomes a rusty brown, and I don't like brown either.

We used regular damask (double woven) upholstery fabric which we got
from a place that was going out of business to do the cushions inside
the boat. This is not a shiny satiny fabric - it's a very tough
fabric with a double woven design in it. I see no reason to pay for
Sunbrella for that - indoor or outdoor. We used plastic like fabric
on the backsides because it was significantly cheaper, and that's the
way the original cushions were done. (The original cushions were IMHO
a horrible tweed)

We also bought Sunbrella at this place which was bolt ends and
seconds, and have used it for things like hatch covers, winch covers,
dinghy motor covers etc where the fact that the waterproofing isn't as
reliable doesn't matter as much.

When we had the bimini made, it was made of Stamoid and we like it
very much although all the needle holes tend to leak, so you can't
make mistakes sewing it up. I asked whether I could have a light
colored bimini to reflect the sun and was told that I should not do
that because it would get dirty and the dark colors were cooler
anyway. I totally don't believe that dark colors are cooler, and the
Stamoid is easy to wash off.

I think the Sunbrella people tell folks that the dark colors are
better for biminis, but I read somewhere that dark colors protect
better against UV for the sail covers and the edges of the furling
headsails etc, so maybe that's what they are talking about.

"Steve" wrote in message
Yah! I been watching for Pacific Blue #4601 or #6001 on eBay, but I must
have missed out on that one.. Most of the colors I have seen are those odd
colors, like Burgundy, etc.

I'm kinda committed to the Pacific Blue because I had several yards of it
already and I made the sleeve for the furled head sail already..

So far this price is the best I have found for what I need and the fact

that
their minimum order is low and free shipping..

For the other poster concerned about the type; this site advertises using
the Sunbrella logo and lists all that product by the the standard color
numbers that I find on the actual Sunbrella site.

Steve
s/v Good Intentions

grandma Rosalie