Steve

Default Marinas and minimum boat lengths?

The local yacht club here, Shelton WA , doesn't have a size limitation but
does require that prospective members have a boat large enough to have
sleeping accomodations aboard and prospective members must first participate
in a number of club cruises and activities afloat and ashore. Once you are a
member, it doesn't seem to matter if you keep your boat anylonger..

I wish some would get rid of there Marina Queens and give up their slips (to
someone like me, who has been on the waiting list for over 5 years).

Steve
s/v Good Intentions

Ken Heaton

"Backyard Renegade" wrote in message
om...
snipped bit
Are you confusing the minimum size boat required to join a yacht

club -often in
the low 20's- some "yacht" :-) with a some requirement that a boat kept

in a
particular slip must be at least a certain size?

That is what I was trying to ask. My question is, is there typically a
minimum size requirement for a vessel in order to join a club, or is
it just my friends club?
Scotty

There is no minimum size at our club (Dobson Yacht Club), in fact you don't
need to have a boat, you can be a member just to come to the bar and drink
if you like. Same over at the Royal Cape Breton Yacht Club http://rcbyc.com
There is a minimum size to race in most local races and regattas, 20' I
believe.
--
Ken Heaton & Anne Tobin
Cape Breton Island, Canada

Gould 0738

The yacht clubs that I am familar with have a size limitation on your walet.
Too small you can't join.

Clubs come in all price ranges, and you get what you pay for.

The most expensive club around here can cost 5 figures to join, depending on
your age. Same club will bill you the difference between what you spend in the
bar and dining room each month and a mandatory minimum. Dues are in addition,
and not cheap either. On the plus side, the club has probably a dozen or more
outstation facilities throughout Puget Sound and British Columbia.

Other clubs cost a few hundred bucks to join and a dues after that are $100-200
a year.

If you consider how far $200 goes at West Marine these days, membership in a
fun yacht club can be a bargain. :-)