Ken Heaton

Default Marinas and minimum boat lengths?

"Backyard Renegade" wrote in message
om...
snipped bit
Are you confusing the minimum size boat required to join a yacht

club -often in
the low 20's- some "yacht" :-) with a some requirement that a boat kept

in a
particular slip must be at least a certain size?

That is what I was trying to ask. My question is, is there typically a
minimum size requirement for a vessel in order to join a club, or is
it just my friends club?
Scotty

There is no minimum size at our club (Dobson Yacht Club), in fact you don't
need to have a boat, you can be a member just to come to the bar and drink
if you like. Same over at the Royal Cape Breton Yacht Club http://rcbyc.com
There is a minimum size to race in most local races and regattas, 20' I
believe.
--
Ken Heaton & Anne Tobin
Cape Breton Island, Canada