Default Long range trawler/live aboard

Hello,
I am new to the group. I am interested if anyone has a long range trawler
and live aboard. My husband and I currently own a SeaRay 330 Sundancer and
are seriously considering selling both house and boat to purchase a long
range trawler to live aboard and cruise. The boat that tops our list is a
42 Krogen (single engine diesel). We currently live outside of Baltimore and
keep our boat in a slip on the Chesapeake Bay (Middle River).
I am interested in anyone's similar experiences, advice.
Thank you.

On Fri, 22 Feb 2008 20:41:43 -0500, WaIIy wrote:

On Fri, 22 Feb 2008 20:09:49 -0500, "Cindy"
wrote:

Hello,
I am new to the group. I am interested if anyone has a long range trawler
and live aboard. My husband and I currently own a SeaRay 330 Sundancer and
are seriously considering selling both house and boat to purchase a long
range trawler to live aboard and cruise. The boat that tops our list is a
42 Krogen (single engine diesel). We currently live outside of Baltimore and
keep our boat in a slip on the Chesapeake Bay (Middle River).
I am interested in anyone's similar experiences, advice.
Thank you.

For starters, this is an excellent list to join -

http://lists.samurai.com/mailman/lis...and-trawlering

I'll second that.

Most people I know who started out living on a 42 eventually wanted
something larger. Just my 2 cents worth.

Wayne.B wrote in
:

wrote:

Hello,
I am new to the group. I am interested if anyone has a long range
trawler and live aboard. My husband and I currently own a SeaRay 330
Sundancer and are seriously considering selling both house and boat
to purchase a long range trawler to live aboard and cruise. The boat
that tops our list is a 42 Krogen (single engine diesel). We
currently live outside of Baltimore and keep our boat in a slip on
the Chesapeake Bay (Middle River). I am interested in anyone's
similar experiences, advice. Thank you.

For starters, this is an excellent list to join -

http://lists.samurai.com/mailman/lis...and-trawlering

I'll second that.

Most people I know who started out living on a 42 eventually wanted
something larger. Just my 2 cents worth.

Roger could design and built her a nice one.....(c;

On Sat, 23 Feb 2008 07:32:22 +0000, Larry wrote:

Wayne.B wrote in
:

wrote:

Hello,
I am new to the group. I am interested if anyone has a long range
trawler and live aboard. My husband and I currently own a SeaRay 330
Sundancer and are seriously considering selling both house and boat
to purchase a long range trawler to live aboard and cruise. The boat
that tops our list is a 42 Krogen (single engine diesel). We
currently live outside of Baltimore and keep our boat in a slip on
the Chesapeake Bay (Middle River). I am interested in anyone's
similar experiences, advice. Thank you.

For starters, this is an excellent list to join -

http://lists.samurai.com/mailman/lis...and-trawlering

I'll second that.

Most people I know who started out living on a 42 eventually wanted
something larger. Just my 2 cents worth.

Roger could design and built her a nice one.....(c;

Google "Seahorse Marine". they are up the river from Hong kong and
many of their boats are sailed (well, motored) home after purchase.
Mostly 42 - 45 ft. steel boats.

Bruce-in-Bangkok
(Note:remove underscores
from address for reply)

A lot depends on what you mewan by "live". A couple can live OK on a
35' boat, but there isn't a lot of space for luxuries, like a washing
machine or much of a library.

We just built a boat (of my design) to live _and work_ on and it ended
up 60' on the waterline. A big boat, but there's room for us to get
away from each other. So that's something you'd want to think about.

Michael Porter

"Cindy" wrote:

Hello,
I am new to the group. I am interested if anyone has a long range trawler
and live aboard. My husband and I currently own a SeaRay 330 Sundancer and
are seriously considering selling both house and boat to purchase a long
range trawler to live aboard and cruise. The boat that tops our list is a
42 Krogen (single engine diesel). We currently live outside of Baltimore and
keep our boat in a slip on the Chesapeake Bay (Middle River).
I am interested in anyone's similar experiences, advice.
Thank you.

Michael Porter Marine Design
mporter at mp-marine dot com
www.mp-marine.com

Long range run in a flats boat. Short Wave Sportfishing General 1 May 12th 07 07:14 PM
Why live aboard sailors live longer. Ellen MacArthur ASA 5 December 16th 06 01:21 AM
live aboard. Stephen Cash General 0 November 4th 05 09:28 AM
considering live aboard Brien Alkire General 7 December 25th 03 12:58 AM