Meindert Sprang

Default Dual use of Cockpit Speakers??

"Larry W4CSC" wrote in message
On Thu, 5 Feb 2004 16:20:26 +0100, "Meindert Sprang"
Actually, in high power car systems, they do exactly what you just said

that
cannot be done. In such systems, each channel has two amplifiers,

carrying
the signal in opposite phase. The speaker is connected to both outputs.

This
way, the maximum voltage that can be created across the speaker is

doubled.

Better look closer. In "Bridged" mode, the amplifiers are in SERIES,
not in parallel....

That is what I meant. I said: the speaker is connected to both outputs. What
I meant here is that one wire of the speaker is connected to the output of
one amp., the other wire of the speaker goes to the other amp.

Meindert