Default Towed generators

Roger ... Yves sailed and I think still sails ... an Alberg 30.

Reading his logs is like standing on a cliff, waiting for the end, but
always somehow,
someway,, the end never gets ya.

===
"Roger Long" wrote in message

wrote

So there is plainly an upper limit to the amount of power a towed
generator can realistically provide to a small sailboat.

Yes, but Yves who builds the Cape Horn steering gears used one very
successfully on his circumnavigation in a Bristol 30. He even built a new
rotor from scratch when a shark ate the first one. Impressive bit of work
under the circumstances and with materials at hand. If you haven't seen
his video, you really should. I generally find sailing videos pretty
boring but his is great.

--
Roger Long

generators longshot General 12 April 11th 07 04:45 AM
Boat being towed by helicopter Boaterdude General 5 September 17th 06 05:05 AM
request for experience towed generators, good/bad; recommendations Courtney Thomas Cruising 6 February 1st 05 12:41 AM
More about onboard generators Jim Lea Electronics 6 October 21st 04 05:48 PM
Towed another Bayliner today...... Clams Canino General 12 October 19th 04 04:20 AM