Default Deep Water / Good Film

Just rented Deep Water from Nexflix, a 2006 documentary on the 1968-69
Golden Globe race, the competitors in which were attempting the first
single-handed circumnavigation. Focusing mostly on the mental
disintegration of Donald Crowhurst, the movie features a good deal of
footage taken at sea by the competitors, and interviews with many of
the sailors / wives (including Mme. Moitessier).

Two thumbs up.

And my, how ocean racing has changed in the last 40 years...!

MW

On Wed, 02 Jan 2008 21:25:18 -0500, Marty wrote:

wrote:
Just rented Deep Water from Nexflix, a 2006 documentary on the 1968-69
Golden Globe race, the competitors in which were attempting the first
single-handed circumnavigation.

Hmmmm, didn't Slocum and Chichester do this already?

Cheers
Marty

Non-stop, possibly??

Brian W

Yes, sorry... I left out that important bit of information. The first
person to sail single-handed, *non-stop* around the globe was Robin
Knox-Johnston, winner of the 1968-1969 Golden Globe race, the general
focus of this documentary.

MW

wrote
Just rented Deep Water from Nexflix, a 2006 documentary on the 1968-69
Golden Globe race

Word of caution: If you send your wife to the local video rental joint and
have her ask for "Deep Water," they may send her home with a 2005 film of
the same name that has nothing to do with sailing. (Don't ask me how I know
this.)