BoatBanter.com

-   -   Offshore cruiser questions (https://www.boatbanter.com/cruising/8913-offshore-cruiser-questions.html)

Rosalie B. January 29th 04 11:58 PM

Offshore cruiser questions

x-no-archive:yes wrote:

On Thu, 29 Jan 2004 16:41:28 GMT, Rosalie B. . After eliminating
makes like Benateau, Irwin,
Catalina, Morgan, etc. this list included

Oh, don't eliminate the Morgans. You'll destroy Planet Skip G

Well I'm not a Morgan expert, and there are apparently good and bad
years, so I just eliminated the whole genre because I'm not a broker
and didn't want to go to the trouble to winnow out the good ones.
Anyway, Skip's is bigger I think.

grandma Rosalie

AZretired January 30th 04 12:59 AM

Offshore cruiser questions

You are now in the process of developing a plan. Once developed, work the
plan and eliminate supercilious expenses.
Then just do it! You will have a wonderful experience shared by thousands.
Good luck!

JAXAshby January 30th 04 06:35 AM

Offshore cruiser questions

Well, then, certain attributes suggest themselves: lines *already* led
back to the cockpit--maybe even a center cockpit, which is arguably
better for women due to the better visibility

WHAT?!?!?!?!?!?!?! bull**** that is.

JAXAshby January 30th 04 06:35 AM

Offshore cruiser questions

I would suggest it then for purely insurance-related reasons, and
delivery skipper is a good way to "try before you buy"

bull****!

JAXAshby January 30th 04 06:36 AM

Offshore cruiser questions

Well, I was thinking along the lines of "hitting a container while
asleep"

only if you have reading books.

JAXAshby January 30th 04 06:37 AM

Offshore cruiser questions

Having the seamanship to rig a fothering sail or collision
mat (and having that made up ahead of time) is the way to avoid
stress. It's the stuff that happens on the sunny, light air days that
can get you...not necessarily the survival storm drama.

bull****, from a dock dweller. ignore.