Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Jeffrey P. Vasquez

Default West Marine POS cabin heater

Hi all,

Okay, granted this is a $59 heater and not worth its weight in bubble
gum, but the darn thing quit working and it was easy to take apart. So...

I have isolated the part that has failed, however, I can't identify it
(other than as the overheat protector). I think it's some kind of
thermistor; it doesn't look like a fuse. I'm no electronics whiz -- it
could be damn near anything.

However, if I could replace this part, I'm certain I'd have a working
heater again (at least for maybe another month).

The number stamped on the part is: A56 50N3510 8A98 C

Web searches yielded zilch. There is no information to be found anywhere
on the heater, unsurprisingly.

Any information anyone could provide would be infinitely appreciated.
TIA!

Regards,

Just a few names... John Smith General 0 May 2nd 04 11:32 PM
FS: Force 10 Cozy Cabin Heater w/ heat exchanger johng650 General 0 October 14th 03 05:03 AM
FS: Force 10 Cozy Cabin Heater w/ heat exchanger johng650 Cruising 0 October 14th 03 05:03 AM
wanted: live-aboard boaters Power & Motoryacht Cruising 6 September 16th 03 02:25 AM
West Marine advert Q General 7 July 16th 03 02:34 PM