Default SF bay oil spill update

I just posted this from a request from someone on the alt.sailing.asa ng...

I'm following along like everyone else
(http://www.latitude38.com/lectronic/...yid=30#Story2)...
several new places in the bay have been closed. Nasty... oil has been
reported 40 miles outside the Gate. All I know is that the cause is "under
investigation."

I also have the following update from a friend...

The allision (that's a collision in which one of the objects is fixed)
between the Cosco Busan and the pier of the Bay Bridge's delta tower has
resulted in a lot of oil floating on the Bay. he Coast Guard has placed a
100- foot safety zone around the Cosco Busan, which is currently moored at
Anchorage Nine, due west of our Alameda base. There is also a 100- foot
security zone being enforced around the delta tower of the Bay Bridge. This
is the tower that is nearest to Yerba Buena Island.

Due to potential health and wildlife concerns, many area beaches have been
closed. The oiled wildlife reporting hotline is 877.823.6926. Other oil
sightings and claims should be called in to 985.781.0804. Avoid sailing and
anchoring in oily areas if possible.

I haven't seen it myself yet...

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

Probably a sailboat tacked in front of him.

SBV
"Capt. JG" wrote in message
I just posted this from a request from someone on the

alt.sailing.asa ng...

I'm following along like everyone else

(http://www.latitude38.com/lectronic/...day.lasso?date
=2007-11-09&dayid=30#Story2)...