Default Reality check

I must say that your web page advertisment answers the vast majority
of my questions. Well done. Were I to follow up on this (too early for
me financially, alas), we could get down to brass tacks immediately
without wasting a lot of time.

Someone's going to get a nice boat eventually, I think.

R.

On Mon, 19 Jan 2004 09:38:39 -0000, "JimB"
wrote:

"Skip Gundlach"
u wrote in
message
link.net...

Well, I've been in correspondence with a variety of folks

as we go along

:{)) I wonder how many are actually reading it?

whole load of snips

Well, me for one, Skip. Because I'm selling my boat, and
you've given me a great insight into one type of (patient &
thorough) buyer. So I've tailored my approach to selling . .

You set me on a warts and all approach after the initial
'here's my beautiful boat' bait (see my signature, below.
Which had a mis-spelling for a week or two!). Those who
respond get my work list for commissioning next year,
divided up into four sections: 'routine', 'must do', 'nice
to have & cosmetic' and 'watchlist for future years',
together with a condition report rather better than many
surveys I've seen.

I selected my two brokers (one UK and one US) on the basis
that if the broker insisted on a warts and all approach, he
was also going to be far more likely not to waste everyone's
time. Very few met that criterion. I think that's been your
experience too!

It's saved me un-necessary journeys for viewing. Cowboys and
gawpers who just want to peer around have been put off. But
it's caught the imagination of about three really keen guys.
Big tour starts at the end of Feb when they'll all be coming
round to have a look. Does all this make me as picky a
seller as you are a buyer? Interesting thought.

There have been the oddballs too. Emails which offer to buy
the boat tomorrow with a certified check if I send them a
few £££ for postage, for delivery, for whatever. They soon
disappear.

Buying Boat Batteries - Check My Thinking Gary Warner General 14 July 9th 04 07:58 AM
Check your bunks RichG General 0 March 10th 04 01:46 AM
Hey Lloyd! Check this steam boat out! Backyard Renegade Boat Building 4 March 7th 04 03:37 AM
Lake Travis radio check [email protected] General 1 August 11th 03 10:48 PM