Joe Joe is offline

Default Bart and Noel

I wonder if Bart's boat did any weather planning before heading South.

Seems he would be about in the center of Noel bout now.

Hopefully they ducked into some place protected to wait it out.

Joe

Joe Joe is offline

On Nov 3, 2:32 pm, Joe wrote:

I wonder if Bart's boat did any weather planning before heading
South.

Seems he would be about in the center of Noel bout now.

Hopefully they ducked into some place protected to wait it out.

Joe

Sorry, you rec.boaters don't know Bart. He's a sailing instructor who
said he was kicking off Monday to head south from CT.

Joe

On Sat, 03 Nov 2007 19:36:10 -0000, Joe
wrote:

Sorry, you rec.boaters don't know Bart. He's a sailing instructor who
said he was kicking off Monday to head south from CT.

What kind of boat, and what is the name?

We'll keep an eye out for him.

On Nov 3, 2:32 pm, Joe wrote:

I wonder if Bart's boat did any weather planning before heading
South.

Seems he would be about in the center of Noel bout now.

Hopefully they ducked into some place protected to wait it out.

Joe

Sorry, you rec.boaters don't know Bart. He's a sailing instructor who
said he was kicking off Monday to head south from CT.

Joe

Has he left yet? He posted on Wed. Oct. 31, that he would be leaving "next week".
Joe Joe is offline

On Nov 3, 2:32 pm, Joe wrote:

I wonder if Bart's boat did any weather planning before heading
South.

Seems he would be about in the center of Noel bout now.

Hopefully they ducked into some place protected to wait it out.

Joe

Sorry, you rec.boaters don't know Bart. He's a sailing instructor who
said he was kicking off Monday to head south from CT.

Joe

Has he left yet? He posted on Wed. Oct. 31, that he would be leaving "next week". - Hide quoted text -

Ah..I thought he kicked off the 31st.

That's good news.

It amazes me how many people kick off and don't do any weather
routing ect. A Swede fellow here in the marina today came and asked me
how I get weather info at sea. He's planning on kicking off next week
to Spain, on a 45' 1939 Sparkman Stevens he bought in Seattle, spent
5000 hours restoring, and is just now worried about proper weather
routing and communication equipment. IIRC he told me last week when
they stabbed the mast that he was kicking off today.

Joe

On Nov 3, 2:36 pm, Joe wrote:
On Nov 3, 2:32 pm, Joe wrote:

I wonder if Bart's boat did any weather planning before heading
South.

Seems he would be about in the center of Noel bout now.

Hopefully they ducked into some place protected to wait it out.

Joe

Sorry, you rec.boaters don't know Bart. He's a sailing instructor who
said he was kicking off Monday to head south from CT.

Joe

I didn't leave yet Joe. The plan is to follow the cold
front that is coming through and catching the tide.

It looks like we will have +30-40 miles gained in a
lift due to a warm eddy north of the Gulf Stream.

I'll post some links to a few things I find later when
I get some free time.

On Nov 3, 2:36 pm, Joe wrote:

Sorry, you rec.boaters don't know Bart. He's a sailing instructor who
said he was kicking off Monday to head south from CT.

Joe

It looks like we are leaving today. We need to make it
through the Gulf Stream before the Low moving in from
the west hits to avoid gale conditions. It is tracking
north of Bermuda and due there on Sat or Sunday.

We will be motor sailing to try to keep moving above
7 knots. The meander is weakening, but should give
us an extra 20 miles with the current lift.

Wish us luck.

Bart

"Bart" wrote in message
ps.com...

Bart

Fair winds...stay warm.

Scotty

Bart wrote:
It looks like we are leaving today. We need to make it
through the Gulf Stream before the Low moving in from
the west hits to avoid gale conditions. It is tracking
north of Bermuda and due there on Sat or Sunday.

We will be motor sailing to try to keep moving above
7 knots. The meander is weakening, but should give
us an extra 20 miles with the current lift.

Wish us luck.

Good luck, and don't let anybody steal your food!
Hope you find a warm eddy and a reach all the way.

Fresh Breezes- Doug King

Papa Noel Joe ASA 0 December 25th 05 09:14 PM
I'm sorry Bart Capt. Rob ASA 0 November 16th 05 07:31 PM
One for Bart John Cairns ASA 3 October 31st 05 01:06 AM
Hey Bart Scott Vernon ASA 5 January 28th 05 07:22 AM
For Bart 2 C Joe ASA 6 December 1st 04 12:19 AM