Jack Dale

Default Advice Seattle to Vancouver ( a trip report)

Thanks to those who provided us with the advice. We made the trip
this weekend.

A quick report:

After late start and locking out, we headed out of Seattle at about
3:30 on Saturday.

Later we had a classic cold front go through: big dark clouds, dark
wind line on the water, 90 degree wind shift. The pictures are quite
dramatic.

We approached Everett in the dark and after much poking around to find
the end of the jetty, and we found guest moorage and had a great meal.
The next morning after a fine breakfast we headed up the east side of
Whidbey, which was quite thick with logs.

The boat ( a re-po) had just a bit too much corrosion on the props and
the starboard prop was cavitating. We initially thought we had spun
it. After some phone calls we arranged a haulout at LaConner.

At the entrance to the channel we were hailed by a sailboat that had
lost its engines and had attempted to sail into LaConner again the
current. Goat Island had blanketed the wind.

After a quick stop and a new (used) prop we motored up to Anacortes.

On Monday, after re-fueling, we headed for Sand Heads at the south arm
of the Fraser River. This day was uneventful, except for a rolly ride
up the arm until we were at Steveston and sheltered from the wind. We
got to play with the radar and found the buoys with racon quite
valuable.

Thanks again. I found a couple of places I would like to re-visit on
a cruise.

Jack ( Back in Calgary at -30 Celsius)

Jack Dale
Swiftsure Sailing Academy
Director/ISPA and CYA Instructor
http://www.swiftsuresailing.com
Phone: 1 (877) 470-SAIL (toll free)

Advice Wanted Chris Boat Building 0 June 20th 04 12:26 PM
Prop Size - Advice on Advice? Lloyd Sumpter General 8 December 31st 03 03:17 AM
Sage restoration advice wanted (osmosis) Angus Gratton General 4 November 14th 03 06:04 PM
Boater Beware - Seattle Lake Union Rick General 3 October 1st 03 06:28 AM
Newbie Question: Inexpensive Boat Storage near Seattle Gould 0738 General 3 August 12th 03 04:28 PM