Gould 0738

Default Newbie Question: Inexpensive Boat Storage near Seattle

Here's a couple of alternatives for you.

Check with Twin Bridges Marina in Anacortes. 360-466-1443. It's a ways out of
Seattle, but the advantage is that you are 90% of the way to the San Juans when
you get to your boat. This is a rack storage place, so your mast might be a
problem unless it can be unstepped, and your draft might be a problem also. If
they can't help you out, they might know who can.

Down in Tacoma, the old Pick's Cove facility has just been acquired by the same
people that run Elliott Bay Marina in Seattle. Class act. They are doing indoor
storage, and some of it may not be "rack" style. Call Tim Curry down there, at
253-627-4344

UglyDan®©™

"Class Act" and Tim in the same category?, Oh my achin back!
Sorry all the fond memories from C-Anal Marine, and his "Class Act"
brother just stirred my soul. Well Tacoma is a start.

For the poster, I would also try Everett/Marysville for dry storage

BTW Chuck, Let us know when you guys are back over our way again, give
Kate and I a shout, Hell I'll even buy dinner, UD

Gould 0738

"Class Act" and Tim in the same category?, Oh my achin back!

Well, the firm that runs Elliott Bay Marina
does a wonderful job.

I never had a bad experience with the party in question, but YMMV. :-)

Matt

Thank you all for the wonderfully precise and quick tips. A few more
questions.

First, you all jumped straight to dry storage. Is it significantly
cheaper than mooring?

Second, if I go with dry storage does it take a long time/money to
pull it out if I just want to sail for the weekend?

Third (specifically for [gould]), how much power do you think I would
need for such a journey? I haven't bought a boat yet and would love a
suggestion on engine size.

(Gould 0738) wrote in message ...
For the poster, I would also try Everett/Marysville for dry storage

Actually, Dagmars isn't a bad choice if they can handle a sailboat and if the
boat has enough nad's to run upstream in the Snohomish. The RR bridge might or
might not be a hassle, depending again if the sailboat has enough power to hold
position in the current, if neccessary, to wait for an opening.

2 newbie questions... A.C. General 3 September 6th 03 08:46 AM
Advice on inexpensive boat for Bay fishing in RI [email protected] General 1 August 9th 03 12:45 AM
Just another potential new boat owner [email protected] General 13 August 3rd 03 04:48 AM
Replacing part of the boat floor.... HELP!! [email protected] General 6 July 29th 03 10:46 PM