Default download all the charts you want FREE, save as a .GPX

On Sun, 07 Oct 2007 14:55:23 -0700, Nav_Quest
wrote:

On Oct 7, 5:19 pm, cavelamb himself wrote:
and I'm still getting 404s...
What's up with that?

Richard

What link are you going to?

http://www.navquest.com

Regards,

Gaspare

I clicked the URL given above, scaled and dragged the displayed
Florida chart to the Gulf coast, and printed a chart.

Brian W

Nav_Quest wrote:
On Oct 7, 5:19 pm, cavelamb himself wrote:

and I'm still getting 404s...
What's up with that?

Richard

What link are you going to?

http://www.navquest.com

Regards,

Gaspare

I forwarded this link to a friend (also on FIOS) who
has the same (404) results...

Any real good reason not to get the BSB charts free from the feds
where you can also get the latest updates?

Just asking

Michael Porter

cavelamb himself wrote:

Capt. JG wrote:

It's possible it's on your side... The downloads are the most useful part of
the website.

No argument there.
Those charts on a lap top would be worth taking the lap top to sea.

But I can't figure out the why of it not finding the files...

Richard

Michael Porter Marine Design
mporter at mp-marine dot com
www.mp-marine.com

cavelamb himself wrote:

Capt. JG wrote:

It's possible it's on your side... The downloads are the most useful
part of
the website.

No argument there.
Those charts on a lap top would be worth taking the lap top to sea.

But I can't figure out the why of it not finding the files...

Richard

Michael Porter Marine Design
mporter at mp-marine dot com
www.mp-marine.com

Just thought the PDFs were nice... other than that, no reason I can think
of...

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

cavelamb himself wrote:

Capt. JG wrote:

It's possible it's on your side... The downloads are the most useful
part of
the website.

No argument there.
Those charts on a lap top would be worth taking the lap top to sea.

But I can't figure out the why of it not finding the files...

Richard

Michael Porter Marine Design
mporter at mp-marine dot com
www.mp-marine.com

Just thought the PDFs were nice... other than that, no reason I can think
of...

The library computer worked fine for downloading these files.

But the PDF format?
I dunno.

All the pdf viewers seem pretty clunky compared to image viewer
programs (ACDSEE, for instance).

Take a look at Google Earth for an example of how well a map program
could work.

My .02. YMMV

Richard