Default download all the charts you want FREE, save as a .GPX

You can go to NavQuest.com and download all the charts you want FREE,
save as a .GPX

Other links:

Marine Chart Download - http://navquest.com/marinecharts.html

Trip Planning - http://navquest.com/trip.html

Float Plan - http://navquest.com/floatplan.asp

Marina Map - http://navquest.com/marinamap.asp

Dive Sites - http://navquest.com/divesite/divesite.asp

Shark Attack File - http://navquest.com/sharkattackfile/sharkattackfile.asp

World of Boating Radio - http://navquest.com/cms/cms.asp

Regards,

Gaspare

wrote:
You can go to NavQuest.com and download all the charts you want FREE,
save as a .GPX

Other links:

Marine Chart Download -
http://navquest.com/marinecharts.html

Is this for real, or jut me?

The site would display but could nopt find files for download.

(Besides being slow and clunky to use)

"cavelamb himself" wrote in message
You can go to NavQuest.com and download all the charts you want FREE,
save as a .GPX

Other links:

Marine Chart Download -
http://navquest.com/marinecharts.html

Is this for real, or jut me?

The site would display but could nopt find files for download.

(Besides being slow and clunky to use)

Trip Planning - http://navquest.com/trip.html

Float Plan - http://navquest.com/floatplan.asp

Marina Map - http://navquest.com/marinamap.asp

Dive Sites - http://navquest.com/divesite/divesite.asp

Shark Attack File -
http://navquest.com/sharkattackfile/sharkattackfile.asp

World of Boating Radio - http://navquest.com/cms/cms.asp

Regards,

Gaspare

I was able to download charts in PDF. I guess that's useful. the trip
planning was lame.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

On Oct 7, 4:35 am, "Capt. JG" wrote:
[...]

"j" ganz - Hide quoted text -

Please give more details on "lame" Constructive criticism is always
welcome.

If you are here just to devalue a free product for the point of making
a point no need to respond. I posted here to get feedback not to
squabble with the boating community.

"Nav_Quest" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Oct 7, 4:35 am, "Capt. JG" wrote:
[...]

I'm not devaluing something that is already free, but fair enough, although
I think you should be less sensitive and more curious. Lame is a reative
term, which means some important things are missing or poorly designed.

Lame specifically means that for trip planning entering two city/marina
names and getting two lats/longs isn't particularly helpful. A straight line
isn't going to tell me anything, not even giving me an approximation about
duration or how to steer. The planning beta doesn't seem to do much or is
broken or the UI is too hard to figure out.

The trip check doesn't seem to work, even including the export function to
gpx. It's exporting xml.

The float plan is minimal information and seems to what the gpx file.

The marinas on the west coast of the US are missing in action, and the UI is
very slow. You've switched from a drop down list to tabs. Why? The marinas
that are listed overlap so much that it's hard to tell which is which. The
dive site and shark attack sections has the same basic problems... lack of
completeness and difficulty in navigation.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

and I'm still getting 404s...
What's up with that?

Richard

On Oct 7, 5:19 pm, cavelamb himself wrote:
and I'm still getting 404s...
What's up with that?

Richard

What link are you going to?

http://www.navquest.com

Regards,

Gaspare

"cavelamb himself" wrote in message
and I'm still getting 404s...
What's up with that?

Richard

It's possible it's on your side... The downloads are the most useful part of
the website.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

Nav_Quest wrote:
On Oct 7, 5:19 pm, cavelamb himself wrote:

and I'm still getting 404s...
What's up with that?

Richard

What link are you going to?

http://www.navquest.com

Regards,

Gaspare

I was using (from the first post)
Marine Chart Download - http://navquest.com/marinecharts.html

This brings up the chart and nav window. Seems to work ok.

clicking on the "click here to download NOAA charts" takes me to
the charts menu - ok.

I was trying (mainly) to D/L 1116A 1 Gulf Coats - Mississippi to
Galveston.

Clicking on this link give me a 404 with an address of:
http://www.navquest.com/noaa/1116A_1.pdf

Trying that address in a new window gives the same 404.

So I tried the one that you just now supplied (above) - selected
menu option for chard D/L and clicked on the chart link.
Same problem. 404

I've checked and verified that you are allowed to set cookies and make
pop ups.

I'm Running Netscape 7.2 on an XP pro machine with access via Verison
FIOS.

Direct connect - no proxies. No Filters...

Does any of that help?

Richard

Capt. JG wrote:

"cavelamb himself" wrote in message

and I'm still getting 404s...
What's up with that?

Richard

It's possible it's on your side... The downloads are the most useful part of
the website.

No argument there.
Those charts on a lap top would be worth taking the lap top to sea.

But I can't figure out the why of it not finding the files...

Richard