Default Home Ports Gulf of Mexico.

If you had to home port on the Texas coast for six months where would it be?
(37 footer)

Joe Joe is offline

On Oct 4, 6:11 pm, "jlrogers" wrote:
If you had to home port on the Texas coast for six months where would it be?
(37 footer)

What do you want?

I'd select Clearlake if you want anything. Supplies, stuff to
do..ect.ect. Has the second largest concentration of boats in the
USA.

If you want to be left alone and sail clear deep water go to Port
Mansfield.

Corpus is nice, so is Rockport, Port Aransas, Galveston.

Joe

Joe wrote:

On Oct 4, 6:11 pm, "jlrogers" wrote:

If you had to home port on the Texas coast for six months where would it be?
(37 footer)

What do you want?

I'd select Clearlake if you want anything. Supplies, stuff to
do..ect.ect. Has the second largest concentration of boats in the
USA.

If you want to be left alone and sail clear deep water go to Port
Mansfield.

Corpus is nice, so is Rockport, Port Aransas, Galveston.

Joe

Heck, I've been studying that same question for a year now!

Still keep coming back to the Galveston Bay area.

Infrastructure,
Support facilities
cultural stuff
better food and shopping.

Just about to brave up and bit that bullet.

Crewing on Elissa has become something of an obsession -
for both of us...

Richard
Joe Joe is offline

On Oct 4, 6:40 pm, cavelamb himself wrote:
Joe wrote:
[...]

Richard- Hide quoted text -

Yelp...Better yet if you want the best of the best, and the most of
the most you need to be on Clearlake, on Galveston bay. Galveston
itself is a bit slower pace and still 30 miles from the action.

However if you are looking for peace and quiet, wide open country,
deep emerald green crystal clear water..year around warmth, great
sailing and fishing in a low cost of living area.. then Port Mansfield
or Port Isabell is the best.

Joe

"cavelamb himself" wrote in

If you had to home port on the Texas coast for six

months where would it be?
(37 footer)

What do you want?

I'd select Clearlake if you want anything. Supplies,

stuff to
do..ect.ect. Has the second largest concentration of

boats in the
USA.

If you want to be left alone and sail clear deep water

go to Port
Mansfield.

if you just want a good cup of coffee, pick the Port of El
Lago.

Scotty

In article ,
jlrogers wrote:
If you had to home port on the Texas coast for six months where would it be?
(37 footer)

I've berthed in Corpus Christi, Port Aransas, Palacios and Clear Lake. I've
visited Port Isabel, South Padre Island, Port Mansfield, Rockport, Port
O'Connor, Port Lavaca, Freeport, Galveston and Lake Sabine (Pleasure Is.).

My favourite was Port Aransas. Good sailing area, wildlife, reasonable
facilities and a wonderful town. Pretty exposed to hurricanes, however.

ron
--
Ron Roberts or
Phone (512) 971-1614