Larry W4CSC

Default Pirates of the Caribbean - no, I'm serious

On Thu, 1 Jan 2004 10:54:55 -0600, "Karin Conover-Lewis"
wrote:

While I am personally all for blowing pirates to their eternal reward, I
have to imagine that there might be legal repercussions to such activities.
Unless, of course, you have obtained your Letter of Marque prior to going
cruising. ;-)

What activity? What pirate boat? I don't see any boats......

Dead men don't testify. It never happened.

Larry W4CSC

On Fri, 02 Jan 2004 08:24:20 +0700, anon wrote:

This is not intended to make a case for "never been a pirate attack
here" but rather that there is a lot of rumers about things that never
happened.

I can only relate the story told me. I wasn't there. It was told to
me as I looked over the illegal Russian grenade I was holding. Sorry
I don't know more about it.....

Bruce

Your assessment is very accurate. I doubt many have bothered to go to this
link and study it like you have. The post where the guy questioned why they
didn't steal dinghy's was case in point. If you read the site, you will see
that the thieves only want the motor. Dinks are only useful to a cruiser.
These are reports from the victims who are actively cruising the Caribbean.
This is the sum of all complaints from the Safety and Security Net.
Everything else is News Group BS
Bruce

Jim Richardson

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to feel smug about it
-- Hobbes
Jim Richardson

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to feel smug about it
-- Hobbes
DSK

Curtis CCR wrote:

..... What personal security
risks should be considered for someone considering a bareboat charter
in the Caribbean?

The greatest "personal security risk" for Caribbean bareboating is severe
sunburn. Drinking too much is a close second.

DSK

Surveyor Caribbean? Bob Cruising 2 November 12th 03 11:30 PM
Caribbean 1500 Sail Questions NorthSailsBVI Cruising 0 September 21st 03 07:24 PM
Give me advice! Bareboat charter in Caribbean nick Cruising 18 September 10th 03 11:09 PM
Pirates of the Caribbean Bumper7 Cruising 6 July 18th 03 10:49 PM