Miguel

Default sea strainer

I have a small leak that fills the bilge about 1 1/2" every time a put
the boat in the water (and stops leaking), and I discovered the sea
strainer has a crack. I will appreciate if anyone can help me with the
following question: My manual says the sea strainer is "AC only" so
I believe is to be used when I'm docked,but I suspect the leak comes
from the sea strainer, if I don't have a use for it I'd rather like to
remove it from the boat. What is a "sea strainer" for?. thanks. Miguel
Karin Conover-Lewis

Most common use is on the intake side of your engine or gen set (or both),
to filter out gunk before it gets sucked into your cooling system(s). In the
event that you do suck up gunk, you can close the seacock, clean the
strainer, open the seacock and you're back in business. I wouldn't advise
removing it -- but it would seem that you need to replace or repair it,
assuming you do have an engine or other machinery that uses outside water
for cooling.

--
Karin Conover-Lewis
Fair and Balanced since 1959

"Miguel" wrote in message
om...
I have a small leak that fills the bilge about 1 1/2" every time a put
the boat in the water (and stops leaking), and I discovered the sea
strainer has a crack. I will appreciate if anyone can help me with the
following question: My manual says the sea strainer is "AC only" so
I believe is to be used when I'm docked,but I suspect the leak comes
from the sea strainer, if I don't have a use for it I'd rather like to
remove it from the boat. What is a "sea strainer" for?. thanks. Miguel

Larry W4CSC

What this newgroup needs is more MIME and HTML messages that are
impossible to read with clients that don't respond......to the spam.

On Tue, 30 Dec 2003 01:33:19 GMT, "sailor" wrote:

------=_NextPart_000_00A9_01C3CE31.DA44FEE0

I have never heard of a sea strainer that uses AC electrical power. Are =
you sure??? What is the name and model of the product?
Glen
"Miguel" wrote in message =
. com...
I have a small leak that fills the bilge about 1 1/2" every time a put
the boat in the water (and stops leaking), and I discovered the sea
strainer has a crack. I will appreciate if anyone can help me with the
following question: My manual says the sea strainer is "AC only" so
I believe is to be used when I'm docked,but I suspect the leak comes
from the sea strainer, if I don't have a use for it I'd rather like to
remove it from the boat. What is a "sea strainer" for?. thanks. Miguel
------=_NextPart_000_00A9_01C3CE31.DA44FEE0

!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"
HTMLHEAD
META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Diso-8859-1"
META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2800.1276" name=3DGENERATOR
STYLE/STYLE
/HEAD
BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff
DIVFONT face=3DArial size=3D2I have never heard of a sea strainer =
that uses AC=20
electrical power. Are you sure???  What is the name and model of =
the=20
product?/FONT/DIV
DIVFONT face=3DArial size=3D2Glen/FONT/DIV
BLOCKQUOTE=20
BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px"
DIV"Miguel" <A =
/A>=20
wrote in message A=20
=
href=3D"news:ff23348a.0312291654.475410d3@posting .google.com"news:ff2334=
/A.../DIVI=20
have a small leak that fills the bilge about 1 1/2" every time a =
putBRthe=20
boat in the water (and stops leaking), and I discovered the =
seaBRstrainer=20
has a crack. I will appreciate if anyone can help me with =
theBRfollowing=20
question:   My manual says the sea strainer is "AC only" =
soBRI=20
believe is to be used when I'm docked,but I suspect the leak =
comesBRfrom the=20
sea strainer, if I don't have a use for it I'd rather like =
toBRremove it=20
from the boat. What is a "sea strainer" for?. thanks.=20
Miguel/BLOCKQUOTE/BODY/HTML

------=_NextPart_000_00A9_01C3CE31.DA44FEE0--

Shower sump Aaron General 1 February 19th 04 01:18 AM
Raw Water Engine Cooling - Need a Strainer? Gary Warner General 14 November 3rd 03 09:23 PM
To many pumps!!! James Boat Building 18 August 20th 03 02:42 PM