Aaron

Default Shower sump

I've had both systems, and much prefer a sumpless shower. Any self priming
hose-to-hose pump will do, as long as you have a strainer to protect it.
Even diaphram pumps will burn up w/out one. I much much prefer cleaning out
a strainer to scrubbing a shower sump w/ stale, dirty water!

"Bob Walters" wrote in message
news
................I built my own gray water sump system. Pretty

straight
forward construction with a macerator pump and float switch.

Why? I have a tub and shower and the drain is simply hooked up
directly

a diaphragm pump that goes overboard. After I get the shower going I
turn on the pump and just let it go until I'm finished and the tub is
dry.

It will run dry without any harm, but it makes enough noise so you
can't forget to turn it off. So far (2 years) it's pumped lots of
hair and whatever else falls off my body.

No float switch or anything to clean. Cheap, easy to build, reliable,
easy to repair, etc.

What exactly do you expect to macerate anyway?g

Bob

MT Growler

I have a Gulper diaphragm pump and it works great with my shower. There is
no sump or strainer. Never had a problem in 10 years. If it will go
through the tub strainer, it will go through the pump.

. 44...