Default Spill-proof gas cans

On Tue, 21 Aug 2007 09:23:07 -0500, Vic Smith
wrote:

Richard, it's probably best to not give much attention to people who
can't work out how to pour gas from a can without spilling it.

Good point. Maybe I should apologise for wasting the bandwidth.
I am beginning to suspect he might be an asshole, as well.

As for fuel, I would like to know how to refuel my boat from a can.
The fill openings are on the outside of the boat, below the gunnels,
and very hard to reach from inside the boat.. You need a small crane
to support the jug. Fortunately, I mostly fill it at the gas station,
while the boat is on the trailer. As it is, I guess I could use a
strange and very long funnel.

Might somehow attach a second filler tube inside the boat, but it
could be tricky to do it safely.

It is the safety issue, the reason they are where they are.

I paid two grand for a 22 foot runabout. I wouldn't call that nice
locker foreward a cabin, tiny bunks or no. A 175 gas sterndrive came
with it. I refuse to spend about twenty grand putting in a diesel, but
one would be nice.
I live with the gas. Hell I used to hold big firecrackers in my hand,
and it says not to, right on them. For that matter, high explosives
like dynamite or TNT blocks, are labeled "dangerous". No ****.
The boat does have a bilge blower, and I generally open the motor lid.
There are never any fumes, in any case. No fuel leaks under cover.
Yet. I saw a boat go boom, blew the only man aboard over the side
nearly uninjured. Plastic, it burned to the waterline in next to no
time. My boat is metal, but it wouldn't be any good afterward, if
fifty gallons of fuel burned. Probably melt some of the aluminum.

Casady

On Tue, 21 Aug 2007 13:57:18 GMT, wrote:

On Tue, 21 Aug 2007 13:47:55 GMT,
(Richard
Casady) wrote:

On Tue, 21 Aug 2007 07:03:37 -0400,
wrote:

I notice your personal web site is just chock full of pictures of you and your
sprint car

I have no website. I simply have little interest. Maybe one would come
in handy at times, but it always seemed more trouble than It is worth.

http://www.beckycasady.com/whereinth...ady/index.html

And before you claim that that isn't you, the Richard Casady on that
website has the same email address as you.

I didn't know the wife had a website. Perhaps I could use it, I would
have to ask.
Anyone can put my name on some website, but that does not make the
site mine. She didn't ask.

So now you are a confirmed liar. Nuff said. Game. Set. Match.

If that makes you feel good to say that go right ahead.

Buh-Bye!

I certainly hope so.

Casady

wrote:

Might somehow attach a second filler tube inside the boat, but it
could be tricky to do it safely.

Really bad idea.

The reason that the fill tube is on the outside is to prevent fumes
and/or spilled fuel from accumulating in the boat or cockpit.

Fuel / Oil Spill - is it normal ?? dobrygom General 3 May 30th 07 02:01 PM
More proof! Nellen MacArthur ASA 26 January 26th 07 06:15 AM
Delaware River Spill Armond Perretta Cruising 7 December 8th 04 02:55 AM
Spill cancels paddling race TB General 0 February 10th 04 03:22 AM
Proof Gerard Weatherby ASA 0 June 26th 03 02:02 AM