Default Yanmar cross ref for filters

Bob wrote in news:1186882956.421998.161860
@j4g2000prf.googlegroups.com:

You got to be kidding. I didnt think the USD has got that low against
the yen ............ Or mabe farmers use another brand gen.
Bob

Check the price of a 27hp Yanmar diesel outboard. Absurdly expensive.

These *******s keep calling me so I'm feeding them to the spambots.
--
Sunrise Communications
1374 E. Republic Rd.

On Sat, 11 Aug 2007 18:42:36 -0700, Bob wrote:

On Aug 11, 10:41 am, Wayne.B wrote:

Heh. Be glad that you are not buying parts for a Kohler genset, which
is just another Yanmar, which is just another farm motor. How about
$700 for a raw water pump that will fit in the palm of your hand with
room left over?

Gad zooks !

You got to be kidding. I didnt think the USD has got that low against
the yen ............

Even worse if you are paying in Pounds Sterling:

http://www.atlantismarine.co.uk/Prod...35622&Option=1
Bob Bob is offline

On Aug 11, 7:45 pm, Larry wrote:
Wayne.B wrote :

Stop by your local Chevy dealer. Walk into the parts department and tell
the boy you want the distributor cap for a 1996 Chevy Caprice Classic with
4.3L V-8 engine.

This expensive POS is located BEHIND and BELOW the leaky GM water pump so
if the water pump drips,

Hi Larry: I just finished talking to a nieghbor up the street. He's
retired and restores really old cars.... His lates is a 1916 Overland.
So Im standing there yacking when I notice a bunch of flexable metal
conduit (3/4" OD) routed to a metal junction box. I asked what that.
the guy says that most of the old stuff used flex metal conduit for
their wiring. Oh, the wire was also straned tinned. Simple....
industructable ... Built like a ship......... 1916. Im not sure modern
is always the best way.

Good luck with your Chev.

Bob

Bob wrote in news:1186936610.427720.323340
@l22g2000prc.googlegroups.com:

Hi Larry: I just finished talking to a nieghbor up the street. He's
retired and restores really old cars.... His lates is a 1916 Overland.
So Im standing there yacking when I notice a bunch of flexable metal
conduit (3/4" OD) routed to a metal junction box. I asked what that.
the guy says that most of the old stuff used flex metal conduit for
their wiring. Oh, the wire was also straned tinned. Simple....
industructable ... Built like a ship......... 1916. Im not sure modern
is always the best way.

Good luck with your Chev.

I dumped the Chevy. It was my father's. He died last January.

The Chevy's wiring was a bunch of hookup wire of various colors, then
loosely wrapped in cheap electrical tape to make it a "harness", as
opposed to just leaving hookup wire laying all over. I had to fix the
right front door wiring as Dad had it fixed by Mr Goodwrench and Mr
Goodwrench smashed the plastic-covered wires into a sharp object under
the right front door switches, shorting it to ground....stranding all the
power windows open or closed until the short vibrated clear enough and
the 25A breaker ("protecting" the #18 wires?) cooled off and reset.

The Overland wiring reminds me of my favorite car, my 1973 Mercedes-Benz
220D taxi sedan. Its wiring is contained in a plastic harness case.
Every plug and socket on the car is bakelite with brass cross-split pins
into brass matching sockets that never corrode. In the wire end of these
brass pieces, there are two holes at right angles in a solder cup. The
tinned wire is inserted into the cup through the side hole and hand
soldered to fill the cup. Wires pulling loose, in 34 years of service,
simply doesn't happen. The soldering is stronger than the wire, itself.
The plugs don't pull loose as a snap-on bakelite cap, which holds the
individually-removeable/replaceable pins in the bakelite holder also
directs all wires out the side of the plugs/sockets so there is never
linear pull. The pins fit so tight you have to pry the plugs apart with
a screwdriver blade to unplug them. There are matching sockets in all
the stuff, like taillights for instance, these plugs fit into. The
jacketed harness fits into a groove impressed in the steel so it doesn't
protrude, such as in the trunk (boot) floor (deck?).

Mr Goodwrench can make cars like this, but chooses not to. So can't Sea
Ray, but that's another sad story.

:

[...]

Larry, you remind me of the Swedesh guy used to run a Fellows gear
shaper in the shop. He was always bitching about, "Yah, how com 'dis
machine it never break, but my ford car it always break". Finally one
of the guys told him "if you have paid as much for your ford as the
company paid for this gear shaper your ford probably wouldn't break
either."

Quality costs money and I remember a friend who bought a new 190D.
People used to stand around talking about how much more it cost then a
Chevy.
Bruce in Bangkok
(brucepaigeATgmailDOTcom)

On Mon, 13 Aug 2007 06:03:15 +0000, Larry wrote:

wrote in news:ssgvb3hp0jc8a6s3kasbagfdd60hljff6i@
4ax.com:

Quality costs money and I remember a friend who bought a new 190D.
People used to stand around talking about how much more it cost then a
Chevy.
Bruce in Bangkok
(brucepaigeATgmailDOTcom)

I have the original sticker from my '73 220D sedan. The price was high,
by 1973 standards....$7,684, but I have a letter from Langston Motors,
the local Benz dealer at the time, telling Captain McCain, to please have
a check for $6250 when the delivery crew brings his new 220D to his
house....(c; What's the cheapest Ford, now, $13,000? "Did you wanna put
the optional seats in that, sir?"

I gave Captain McCain $2500 for it in 1992. I can get more for it, now,
but it would buy much less. His wife wanted a Lincoln town car and hated
waiting for the glowplugs to heat up in my car.

Lets see, in 1973 I was just out of the Air Force and making about
$1200 a month so about seven months of my salary providing I could
figure out how to live that long without eating....

Bruce in Bangkok
(brucepaigeATgmailDOTcom)

On Mon, 13 Aug 2007 17:00:10 +0000, Larry wrote:

wrote in news:h9a0c3hk1co1srnj8ir0nm22vajt5u69hc@
4ax.com:

Lets see, in 1973 I was just out of the Air Force and making about
$1200 a month so about seven months of my salary providing I could
figure out how to live that long without eating....

Using this scenario comparison, how long would it take you to buy a
similar Mercedes, today?

$36000 divided by monthly salary......

It does not compute!!

Did you want the optional front seats with that?....(c;

Well, I'm retired now and don't have any money so all I can do is make
marks on the showroom windows pressing my nose against them...

Bruce in Bangkok
(brucepaigeATgmailDOTcom)

wrote in news:h242c3tshc5mormk5adfmab4gf6g3bvcgd@
4ax.com:

Well, I'm retired now and don't have any money so all I can do is make
marks on the showroom windows pressing my nose against them...

Somehow Mercedes got my po box address, probably from my putting my
ticket into the hopper at the local Benz dealer in a contest they ran as
they were stuffing us with fine cheeze and wine to show off the new
models. (Yes, I do go all dressed up just to see if I can get away with
it...(c I know that's the source because my name really is Larry,
named after one of my father's Army buddies who died in a battle with
Rommel in N Africa. But, on the ticket, trying to sound more important
than a "Larry" I wrote Lawrence as my first name. Lawrence has been
getting every piece of beautifully-produced Mercedes literature for the
last 15 years. They are relentless.

At one time, I kept my antique '73 220D in a nicely polished, showroom
condition. I even won a trophy at a local car show, the only Mercedes
there. It used to draw attention to itself when I would go to these
promos and park it in the lot next to the new Mercedes, which all look
just like Honda Accords with no chrome, no shine, just plastic. "I'll
buy that one as soon as I figure out how to wear out this one.", was my
standard line....(c; At either 480,000 or 580,000 miles, I had the 2.2L
naturally-aspirated diesel overhauled because its compression made it
hard to start, even though, once running, it would go anywhere. I forced
my mechanic to replace the sprockets and double-row roller chain that
drives the injection pump, overhead camshaft, vacuum pump, etc., but he
kept telling me it was a waste as it wasn't worn after only 28 years on
the road. I also bought unneeded new pistons to go with the new rings,
piston rods, piston pins, valves (only one needed grinding, valve springs
(that were all within tolerance). It runs as new, now at only 38000
miles from overhaul, as it did the day I got it back. They looked in the
4-speed automatic transmission with a flashlight, shrugged their
shoulders and Herr Reinert said, "These engines are never powerful enough
to wear out this transmission." The silly thing even DOWNSHIFTS every
time you slow up for a traffic light, through all 4 gears.

Some day I must find out where the R-12 leak is so next time Skip and
Lydia are riding around in it collecting food and boat parts they can be
cooler. I was embarrassed it didn't work. The A/C is American...a 2-
cylinder massive compressor I've forgotten the maker of. It had a
cracked head on it long ago and I stole one off a junker behind my
independent Mercedes shop with borrowed tools to save money. The
compressor works great but the system leaks a bit so I didn't reload it
as R-12 is a precious commodity, now, with all the stupid gummit/greenie
tampering and jacking up prices and taxes....damn them all.

RFI filters? Glenn Ashmore Electronics 2 March 16th 06 08:10 AM
Changing filters Joe ASA 1 April 18th 05 07:51 PM
Love my filters Ed H General 3 April 8th 05 06:59 AM
Oil Filters, etc. Wayne.B General 5 January 28th 04 04:29 AM
Filters for list Florida Keyz General 1 July 18th 03 03:50 AM