Default House for Boat

Hello:

Are you somebody who would like to spend January and February '08 in a
beautiful house overlooking the Hudson River just 20 minutes from
Manhattan? Particularly somebody who has a boat in Florida or the
Caribbean which they won't be using for that period of time?

We're looking for a boat to live on for part of this winter. We
recently sold our sailboat, a Pearson 39 that we've owned for 30
years, because she was getting really difficult to maintain. But I
miss the water and so does my wife, and we're looking for a craft to
call our own (for a spell) and to keep shipshape for the owner.

Alternatively, we've considered chartering for January or February, or
both. But the rate for this long a period would be pretty staggering,
so we're looking for a special arrangement with an owner who needs a
temporary abode in the NYC area and would rather entrust his boat to a
mature couple's loving care rather than relegate her to a long dry
spell on the hard.

At your request, I'll send you pictures of our house so you can judge
for yourself.

Best wishes,

Bob & Rosemary Cone

On Jul 28, 6:57 pm, Larry wrote:
wrote in news:1185641373.512793.233330
@d55g2000hsg.googlegroups.com:

January and February '08 in a
beautiful house overlooking the Hudson River just 20 minutes from
Manhattan?

Does it come with a snowplow? snowblower? assortment of shovels??

Just checking....(c;

Larry
--
While in Mexico, I didn't have to press 1 for Spanish.
While in Iran, I didn't have to press 1 for Farsi, either.

Larry,

Not needed, it's getting warmer all the time . www.rockaloid.com/house.html.
Bob

wrote in
ps.com:

On Jul 28, 6:57 pm, Larry wrote:
wrote in news:1185641373.512793.233330
@d55g2000hsg.googlegroups.com:

January and February '08 in a
beautiful house overlooking the Hudson River just 20 minutes from
Manhattan?

Does it come with a snowplow? snowblower? assortment of shovels??

Just checking....(c;

Larry
--
While in Mexico, I didn't have to press 1 for Spanish.
While in Iran, I didn't have to press 1 for Farsi, either.
While in Florida, I had to press 2 for English.
It just isn't fair.

Larry,

Not needed, it's getting warmer all the time .
www.rockaloid.com/house.html. Bob

When I call back to my home town, Moravia, NY, I always ask, "What day
was Summer this year?"....(c;

It's just as hot in Moravia as it is Charleston, SC, where I live. It's
just not as COLD during those other days....and we have air conditioning,
not fans blowing the hot air around like I grew up with. "We don't need
air conditioning.", they always tell me during the 2.5 months the
temperature in upstate NY is 95F and the humidity is 99.98%.

Nonsense....

Larry
--
Sometimes I call in January, just to remind myself why I live
HERE....where we boat all year round.

On Tue, 31 Jul 2007 20:44:30 +0000, Larry wrote:

"We don't need
air conditioning.", they always tell me during the 2.5 months the
temperature in upstate NY is 95F and the humidity is 99.98%.

You must have grown up in a different upstate NY than I did. On the
shores of Lake Ontario in July and August there were many days when we
had a fire in the wood stove and extra blankets at night. I've seen
snow in the Adirondacks on Labor Day weekend.

Wayne.B wrote in
:

On Tue, 31 Jul 2007 20:44:30 +0000, Larry wrote:

"We don't need
air conditioning.", they always tell me during the 2.5 months the
temperature in upstate NY is 95F and the humidity is 99.98%.

You must have grown up in a different upstate NY than I did. On the
shores of Lake Ontario in July and August there were many days when we
had a fire in the wood stove and extra blankets at night. I've seen
snow in the Adirondacks on Labor Day weekend.

Up on the big lake is much cooler because the water doesn't warm than
days off in the valleys where the air flows over them. Moravia is
nestled in between two 800' hills in the Owasco Valley in the Finger
Lakes. In Summer, the air just stops, dead, shielded by the hills, and
the valleys get very hot. My father worked for Smith-Corona making
typewriters in Groton, NY, in an unairconditioned sweatshop for many
years. That was one hot place because of the manufacturing machinery and
furnaces in it. Half the valley worked there as there wasn't much else
to do but dairy farming, which is worse.

It's a great place to be FROM....(c;

Larry

On Wed, 01 Aug 2007 13:29:52 +0000, Larry wrote:

Moravia is
nestled in between two 800' hills in the Owasco Valley in the Finger
Lakes. In Summer, the air just stops, dead, shielded by the hills, and
the valleys get very hot.

Did you ever know Walt Taylor? He was on top of one of those hills
with a big tower and a big signal to go with it.

Wayne.B wrote in
:

On Wed, 01 Aug 2007 13:29:52 +0000, Larry wrote:

Moravia is
nestled in between two 800' hills in the Owasco Valley in the Finger
Lakes. In Summer, the air just stops, dead, shielded by the hills, and
the valleys get very hot.

Did you ever know Walt Taylor? He was on top of one of those hills
with a big tower and a big signal to go with it.

Nope. I moved away in 1964, never to return. Anything that happened after
that is way past my time. I was there from 1946, after Daddy got back from
N Africa fighting Rommel, to 1964....when the gummit unsuccessfully tried
to draft me for Vietnamese Cannon Fodder to make the contractors rich, like
Iraq.

Larry

snake in the boat-house General 3 June 14th 06 02:59 AM
Boat house plans M K General 0 February 8th 06 12:30 PM
WTB: House Boat in NY area Bobsprit Marketplace 0 May 10th 04 01:59 AM
Boat Show/ Open House Kevin General 0 April 16th 04 07:12 AM
House Boat Brian Shearer Boat Building 2 March 16th 04 02:45 AM