Larry Larry is offline

Default House for Boat

Wayne.B wrote in
:

On Tue, 31 Jul 2007 20:44:30 +0000, Larry wrote:

"We don't need
air conditioning.", they always tell me during the 2.5 months the
temperature in upstate NY is 95F and the humidity is 99.98%.

You must have grown up in a different upstate NY than I did. On the
shores of Lake Ontario in July and August there were many days when we
had a fire in the wood stove and extra blankets at night. I've seen
snow in the Adirondacks on Labor Day weekend.

Up on the big lake is much cooler because the water doesn't warm than
days off in the valleys where the air flows over them. Moravia is
nestled in between two 800' hills in the Owasco Valley in the Finger
Lakes. In Summer, the air just stops, dead, shielded by the hills, and
the valleys get very hot. My father worked for Smith-Corona making
typewriters in Groton, NY, in an unairconditioned sweatshop for many
years. That was one hot place because of the manufacturing machinery and
furnaces in it. Half the valley worked there as there wasn't much else
to do but dairy farming, which is worse.

It's a great place to be FROM....(c;

Larry
--
While in Mexico, I didn't have to press 1 for Spanish.
While in Iran, I didn't have to press 1 for Farsi, either.