Default small old outboard in a car

My wife and I will be traveling to various harbors in Maine by car
this weekend with our inflatable dingy (deflated) and an old 2-horse
power outboard engine. We will arrive somewhere, inflate the boat and
spend a few hours cruising. It is a great way for us to see some
beautiful places in a very short amount of time. The outboard is so
old that it must be kept straight up or it tends to leak. My question
is: any ideas on how to travel by car with an old outboard engine? In
the past the car has smelled of gas. Is there any way to store it so
that it can be left in the car without stinking up the place?

"richard" wrote in message
ps.com...
My wife and I will be traveling to various harbors in Maine by car
this weekend with our inflatable dingy (deflated) and an old 2-horse
power outboard engine. We will arrive somewhere, inflate the boat and
spend a few hours cruising. It is a great way for us to see some
beautiful places in a very short amount of time. The outboard is so
old that it must be kept straight up or it tends to leak. My question
is: any ideas on how to travel by car with an old outboard engine? In
the past the car has smelled of gas. Is there any way to store it so
that it can be left in the car without stinking up the place?

Buy a small utility trailer to put the outboard, gas can and boat into.

As a bonus... with the utility trailer, you'll be able to build a stand so
your outboard doesn't have to lay down on it's side..
see my setup for the bed of my Ranger pickup:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...boardstand.jpg

"richard" wrote in message In
the past the car has smelled of gas. Is there any way to store it so
that it can be left in the car without stinking up the place?

This is a remarkably bad idea.

Bill Longyard

Small Outboard on Jon Boat [email protected] Cruising 1 October 28th 05 06:02 AM
outboard for small cat; HP choices? imagineero General 1 August 20th 05 08:45 PM
Small outboard motor Andrew General 0 April 12th 05 05:53 PM
WTB: small outboard in IL Chuck Marketplace 0 March 28th 04 06:56 AM
Small outboard recomendations Ian Kay General 2 March 1st 04 06:44 AM