Don White Don White is offline

Default small old outboard in a car

"richard" wrote in message
ps.com...
My wife and I will be traveling to various harbors in Maine by car
this weekend with our inflatable dingy (deflated) and an old 2-horse
power outboard engine. We will arrive somewhere, inflate the boat and
spend a few hours cruising. It is a great way for us to see some
beautiful places in a very short amount of time. The outboard is so
old that it must be kept straight up or it tends to leak. My question
is: any ideas on how to travel by car with an old outboard engine? In
the past the car has smelled of gas. Is there any way to store it so
that it can be left in the car without stinking up the place?

Buy a small utility trailer to put the outboard, gas can and boat into.