Chuck Bollinger

Default Danger where you find it

At New York's Kennedy airport today, an individual later
discovered to be a public school teacher was arrested trying
to board a flight while in possession of a ruler, a protractor,
a setsquare, a slide rule, and a calculator.

At a morning press conference, Attorney general John Ashcroft
said he believes the man is a member of the notorious al-gebra
movement. He is being charged by the FBI with carrying weapons
of math instruction. "Al-gebra is a fearsome cult,", Ashcroft
said. "They desire average solutions by means and extremes, and
sometimes go off on tangents in a search of absolute value. They
use secret code names like "x" and "y" and refer to themselves as
"unknowns", but we have determined they belong to a common
denominator of the axis of medieval with coordinates in every
country. "As the Greek philanderer Isosceles used to say, there
are 3 sides to every triangle," Ashcroft declared.

When asked to comment on the arrest, President Bush said, "If God
had wanted us to have better weapons of math instruction, He would
have given us more fingers and toes. "I am gratified that our
government has given us a sine that it is intent on protracting us
from these math-dogs who are willing to disintegrate us with calculus
disregard. Murky statisticians love to inflict plane on every sphere
of influence," the President said, adding: "Under the circumferences,
we must differentiate their root, make our point, and draw the line."
President Bush warned, "These weapons of math instruction have the
potential to decimal everything in their math on a scalene never
before seen unless we become exponents of a Higher Power and begin to
factor-in random facts of vertex."

Attorney General Ashcroft said, "As our Great Leader would say, read
my ellipse. Here is one principle he is uncertainty of though they
continue to multiply, their days are numbered as the hypotenuse tightens
around their necks."

--
Jon Gauthier

Given the likely reaction to an increase in
terror-alert level to "severe threat imminent,"
wouldn't a more appropriate alert color be brown?
-Brad Simanek on www.ruminate.com