Helimech

Default Viewing a boat.

What's the proper way to view boats that I see on internet sites. Do I call
and make an appointment with the broker or is it customary to just go there
and walk in to the office and announce that you want to look at several
boats. I'm very early in the process and just want to get a feel of the
size boat I'd be comfortable living in. I know its somewhere between 40 and
50 foot. Also what kind of response do you normally get when the broker
learns you aren't buying anytime soon? Sorry for the newbee questions. JC

Bobsprit

Also what kind of response do you normally get when the broker
learns you aren't buying anytime soon? Sorry for the newbee questions. JC

Always call. Otherwise they aren't there or can't find the keys. Buying a boat
can be a long process and most brokers know that. Some brokers will take a lot
of time to show you a boat, while others toss you a key and point to it.
Sometimes I'll look around the cabin and find the owners phone #. That allows
me to call him direct and get more details as well as sound for the price
envelope he has in mind. It's your money.
Have fun.

RB

Larry W4CSC

How you LOOK also makes a big difference. If you want them fawning
all over you, dress like you own the place. If you want to be left
alone to take your time and look around without being hounded by
someone on commission, dress like you're ready to mow the lawn....(c;

What's great fun is to take someone with serious money and hot to buy
to a boat show dressed like you're going to mow the lawn. Been there,
done that....very entertaining......

The look on the salesman's face when you say, "We'll take it, now,
cash." ---------------Priceless

On 02 Dec 2003 23:22:43 GMT, (Bobsprit) wrote:

Also what kind of response do you normally get when the broker
learns you aren't buying anytime soon? Sorry for the newbee questions. JC

Always call. Otherwise they aren't there or can't find the keys. Buying a boat
can be a long process and most brokers know that. Some brokers will take a lot
of time to show you a boat, while others toss you a key and point to it.
Sometimes I'll look around the cabin and find the owners phone #. That allows
me to call him direct and get more details as well as sound for the price
envelope he has in mind. It's your money.
Have fun.

RB

Larry W4CSC

NNNN

Bobsprit

What's great fun is to take someone with serious money and hot to buy
to a boat show dressed like you're going to mow the lawn. Been there,
done that....very entertaining....

Doesn't work here in NY. Most of the people with lots of cash dress like they
just got off the bread lines. Good clothes usually means low or middle class at
best. My friend use to run a Mercedes dealership. It was the shlubs who'd buy
big, while suits and designer dresses were just browsing and buying Camry's.

RB

Michael LaChance

just bought my first boat. if you're serious suggest you hire your own
broker to represent your interests. I read about this in Cruising World this
past summer and doing that saved me thousands. if not too serious then just
call the listing broker and look at a lot of boats before you get serious!

1st boat help Diverguy General 21 November 12th 03 06:40 PM
Many boats are not being used. Bill Kiene General 14 October 25th 03 05:17 PM
TRADE speed/ski boat for SUV or ??? (pictures) SALE - TRADE General 0 October 14th 03 02:36 AM