Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Steve

Default Furuno GP-32 ??

I'm considering a Furuno GP-32 fixed mount GPS for my nav station.. I don't
need a plotter since i use the laptop.. Handhelds have fallen short of my
needs at the nav station because of the deck hardware above.

I figure if I'm going to install an antenna, I might as well go with fixed
mount and retain my handhelds for a back up system..

I have compared features on a number of models (fixed mount, just GPS, no
potter) and come up with the Furuno GP32.

It has external antenna, NMEA and RS232 ports and the ability to upload and
download routes and way points.. (comprehensive configuration menu/options)

Another feature I have found with the Furuno line of equipment, is the
prices of options, spare or replacement items. ($75 for antenna, $5 for pair
of knobs, extra mount, cable assemblies, etc. are all very reasonable and
available.)

I'm looking for any experience or feed back on this model..

Thanks,

Steve
s/v Good Intentions

Looking for Radar antenna for furuno 841 wreckless1 General 2 May 27th 04 03:05 AM
Furuno & Magellan Grumpy General 8 March 24th 04 06:49 PM
Continuing Saga of Far Cove's Engine Lloyd Sumpter General 20 December 29th 03 02:53 AM
Furuno fishfinder? Calif Bill General 1 July 12th 03 03:19 PM