Default Marine Magazines

Just to let you know that you can now subscribe to IPC's range of
marine titles in digital format. SAVE big money on titles like
Classic Boat, Motor Boats Monthly and Yachting World and save a few
trees in to the bargain!

The cheap subs offer can be found - http://www.ybw.com/ybw/subs/ybwsubs2.html

Matt wrote in
ups.com:

Just to let you know that you can now subscribe to IPC's range of
marine titles in digital format. SAVE big money on titles like
Classic Boat, Motor Boats Monthly and Yachting World and save a few
trees in to the bargain!

The cheap subs offer can be found -
http://www.ybw.com/ybw/subs/ybwsubs2.html

Do any of these titles call a POS a POS or do they all look like sales
brochures for advertisers, like the rest of them?

Larry
--
http://www.spp.gov/
The end of the USA and its Constitution....RIP

Bob Bob is offline

On Jun 27, 9:46 pm, Larry wrote:
Matt wrote roups.com:

Just to let you know that you can now subscribe to IPC's range of
marine titles in digital format. SAVE big money on titles like
Classic Boat, Motor Boats Monthly and Yachting World and save a few
trees in to the bargain!

The cheap subs offer can be found -
http://www.ybw.com/ybw/subs/ybwsubs2.html

Do any of these titles call a POS a POS or do they all look like sales
brochures for advertisers, like the rest of them?

Larry
--http://www.spp.gov/
The end of the USA and its Constitution....RIP

Larry;
Got to agree !
The largest WTF !?!? in years was compliments of Sail Magazine. They
had an article a couple years back on personal safety at sea. Instead
of offering a list of the ten top injury/fire/overboard causes and
remedies, they spent an article listing all the equipment that would
save the poor helpless sailor when they fell overboard.

The joke was the poor model standing there draped in all "required
personal safety equipment" for the offshore sailor. The model looked
like a cross between the USS Pueblo and a one man band. He was
sporting every gizmo, high tech fabric, and $200 Miami Vice don
Johnson cool shades possible. I'm not sure how the guy was able to
move around the boat with out getting fouled.

The only magazine that I've ever read that seemed reasonably honest
was Latitude 38. And when it comes to social topics, Spindler (Lat 38
owner/editor) is painfully honest. Don't always agree, but give him
credit for honesty.
Bob

Default Marine Magazines - The USS Pueblo

Regarding the USS Pueblo. It is currently at dock in Pyongyang, North
Korea, and for about 50 years has been the only actively commissioned
United States Naval vessel held in captivity. The North Koreans have
offered several times to return the ship as part of a broader package
of establishing diplomatic relations between the two countries, but
the U.S. has always refused.

The USS Pueblo was also launched in 1944 as the U.S. Army cargo ship
FS-344. In 1966 it was transferred to the U.S. Navy where it was then
renamed as the third USS Pueblo. Finally commissioned in 1967, the
ship also received the subtitle AGER-2 as it became the second
military vessel assigned to Auxiliary General Environmental Research,
a spy ship program run jointly by the United States Navy and the
National Security Agency (NSA). In January of 1968, this USS Pueblo
was on assignment in the Sea of Japan, due east of the North Korean
port of Wonson. As part of Operation Clickbeetle, the captain and crew
were charged with spying on Soviet Naval maneuvers and North Korean
electronic signal activity. To bolster their opportunity for success,
U.S. authorities granted the vessel permission to penetrate within one
nautical mile of the communists' shoreline, even though international
treaties specified a twelve nautical mile limit. On the 23rd of that
month, amidst heightened tensions from preceding skirmishes of the
Third Korean-American War (1966 to 1970), Pyongyang dispatched four
torpedo boats, two sub chasers, and two MiG-21 jet fighters to
commandeer the U.S. spy ship. Though Washington vehemently complained
that their vessel was boarded outside the already violated twelve
nautical mile international limit, the North Koreans took little
notice as they had long declared a fifty nautical mile territorial
boundary from their shores. During the chase which preceded their
capture, the crew of the USS Pueblo unsuccessfully focused their
efforts on destroying the massive volumes of data they held on board,
even to the point of not returning gun fire that had killed one
American sailor: Seaman Duane Hodges. Ultimately, the vessel and crew
were finally seized and taken to the port of Wonson. From there the
naval prisoners were transferred to two different POW camps, spending
the next eleven months being subjected to what U.S. President George
W. Bush would later described in September of 2006 as valid,
aggressive, alternative, interrogation techniques (i.e. - torture).
The eighty-two surviving crew members, along with the body of Seaman
Hodges, were returned to American authorities over the DMZ on December
23rd, 1968.

A story about this has been placed online at:

www.TheDragonOption.com

For the USS Pueblo, see this topic:

www.TheDragonOption.com/chapter4.html#topic15

Bob wrote in news:1183047348.373386.276760
@o11g2000prd.googlegroups.com:

The only magazine that I've ever read that seemed reasonably honest
was Latitude 38. And when it comes to social topics, Spindler (Lat 38
owner/editor) is painfully honest. Don't always agree, but give him
credit for honesty.
Bob

No commercial, advertising-supported magazine on any subject is going to
be an honest place to get the truth. They exist ONLY to MOVE
PRODUCTS...SELL, SELL, SELL! Therefore, all articles will simply bypass
those nasty little secrets like the unsealed stringers made out of the
packing crates the motors come in...(c;

Noone is going to shoot themselves in the foot and remain published!
It'd be like a broker selling your boat pointing out the soft spots in
the transom. His ass would be HISTORY!...(C;

Larry
--
http://www.spp.gov/
The end of the USA and its Constitution....RIP

Robert wrote in
ups.com:

Regarding the USS Pueblo.

As long as we're on this subject, I'd like to point out this past month
was the 40th Anniversary of the Israelis trying to sink USS Liberty and
kill all our officers and men, with the complicity of the US Government
at the highest levels.

Over on alt.binaries.multimedia.documentaries are two great documentary
movies about the Israeli attack on our ship, an act of war, not "mistaken
identity".

I lost 3 close shipmates on Liberty. I COULD HAVE BEEN ASSIGNED TO HER,
MYSELF, and will never forget it.

http://www.ussliberty.org/

New information about this dastardly attack comes out from the crew's
extensive, relentless research all the time.....Keep checking back.

At least the North Koreans weren't disguised as our "friends" and don't
have a strangle hold control on the highest levels of the US Government.

Larry
--
When high government officials have dual citizenship, to which flag do
they salute?.....

Larry wrote:
snip
taking responsibility for one's actions as a mature adult does not include minimizing or selectively
ignoring or using the time-honoured schoolyard defence of "well he did it too" to justify one's actions.

On Thu, 28 Jun 2007 23:24:17 +0000, Larry wrote:

Robert wrote in
oups.com:

Regarding the USS Pueblo.

As long as we're on this subject, I'd like to point out this past month
was the 40th Anniversary of the Israelis trying to sink USS Liberty and
kill all our officers and men, with the complicity of the US Government
at the highest levels.

Over on alt.binaries.multimedia.documentaries are two great documentary
movies about the Israeli attack on our ship, an act of war, not "mistaken
identity".

I lost 3 close shipmates on Liberty. I COULD HAVE BEEN ASSIGNED TO HER,
MYSELF, and will never forget it.

oh brother, the jew haters never pass an oportunity to foment their
hatred...

wrote in message
On Thu, 28 Jun 2007 23:24:17 +0000, Larry wrote:

Robert wrote in
roups.com:

Regarding the USS Pueblo.

As long as we're on this subject, I'd like to point out this past month
was the 40th Anniversary of the Israelis trying to sink USS Liberty and
kill all our officers and men, with the complicity of the US Government
at the highest levels.

Over on alt.binaries.multimedia.documentaries are two great documentary
movies about the Israeli attack on our ship, an act of war, not "mistaken
identity".

I lost 3 close shipmates on Liberty. I COULD HAVE BEEN ASSIGNED TO HER,
MYSELF, and will never forget it.

oh brother, the jew haters never pass an oportunity to foment their
hatred...

That could be a valid comment if the attack hadn't actually happened.

wrote in :

oh brother, the jew haters never pass an oportunity to foment their
hatred...

Tell your handlers at the JDL your post is duly noted....

They ATTACKED Liberty and KILLED OUR SAILORS....deliberately.

Larry
--
http://www.spp.gov/
The end of the USA and its Constitution....RIP

West Marine is Terrible nobody Cruising 47 January 28th 06 03:02 PM
FS; Custom Marine Grade LCD Displays PD Boat Building 0 January 4th 06 09:47 AM
FS; Custom Marine Grade LCD Displays PD General 0 January 4th 06 09:47 AM
Just a few names... John Smith General 0 May 2nd 04 11:32 PM
Essentials of a Marine Boat Alarm System Rick Curtis Electronics 19 February 23rd 04 09:42 AM