BoatBanter.com

-   -   Tool Box on board .. what goes in the box (https://www.boatbanter.com/cruising/81197-tool-box-board-what-goes-box.html)

Larry June 19th 07 04:57 AM

Tool Box on board .. what goes in the box

Jere Lull wrote in news:2007061823442743658-
jerelull@maccom:

We do ;-) it's the pull-out shelf for the setee. Its rail would be the
emergency tiller.

Amel's come with a special tiller handle. The shaft fits into a deck
fitting in the aft cabin roof over the rudder post. Then, there's a
long, hand-carved matching mahogany tiller handle to match the mahogany
interior, perfectly. It stows in the passageway to the aft cabin. We
sailed with it, just for the hell of it, on a Saturday. Other sailors
look at you kinda funny standing back there by the mizzen with this big
tiller handle in your hand on such an expensive piece of fiberglass but
it DOES work...just fine....unless you bang your head on the mizzen boom,
of course...(c;

Larry
--
http://www.spp.gov/
The end of the USA and its Constitution....RIP

Terry K June 22nd 07 02:34 PM

Tool Box on board .. what goes in the box

On May 31, 11:15 pm, "NE Sailboat" wrote:
I was taking a look at my tool box today and trying to decide what to take
on board.

If you carry a tool box, could you tell what tools go in the box.

Every tool that was ever required aboard or alongside ashore for
whatever reason.

Oh, except my favorite multimeter, which gets left wherever it is when
it's finished with something, just about.

Terry K

Peter Bennett June 23rd 07 12:36 AM

Tool Box on board .. what goes in the box

On Fri, 22 Jun 2007 06:34:38 -0700, Terry K
wrote:

On May 31, 11:15 pm, "NE Sailboat" wrote:
I was taking a look at my tool box today and trying to decide what to take
on board.

If you carry a tool box, could you tell what tools go in the box.

Every tool that was ever required aboard or alongside ashore for
whatever reason.

Oh, except my favorite multimeter, which gets left wherever it is when
it's finished with something, just about.

Terry K

No matter how many tools you have on board, you'll always be missing
some essential tool ...

--
Peter Bennett, VE7CEI
peterbb4 (at) interchange.ubc.ca

Larry June 23rd 07 03:59 AM

Tool Box on board .. what goes in the box

Peter Bennett wrote in
news.com:

No matter how many tools you have on board, you'll always be missing
some essential tool ...

.....any time you are away from the dock.....(sigh)

Larry