MLapla4120

Default Looking for Volvo MDIIB manual ASAP..preferably download

Hi,
Does anyone know where I could get an MDII B manual? Downloadable
would be preferred since I need it soon. Mainly, I need the instructions
on bleeding air out that has gotten into the fuel line and injectors.

In dire need, have to move the boat soon and air got in when I was changing
out the old fuel, installing filters and installing a diesel heater. Getting
ready
to move to a new marina where I have a live-aboard slip. Projects have been
necessarily speeded up.

thanks
Mark
Steve

I have the manual for the MD2B on my web site at
http://hood.hctc.com/~esteve/private/manuals/

I hope that it will be of some help..

Steve
s/v Good Intentions

John Howell

starting at the fuel tank open the bleed screw on the top of the filter
housing and allow the air out. If the fuel tank level is lower than the
filter housing then nothing will happen. Remove the fuel fill cap and
lightly pressurise the fuel tank with a dinghy air pump.

Secure the bleed screw once airfree fuel flows.

Move to the next filter if a secondary filter fitted and if the is no
bleed screw then slacken off the outlet connection and again bleed till
air free fuel flows.

Secure connection or bleed screw.

Open bleed screw on fuel pump and again repeat till air free fuel flows.
You can use the engine mounted boost pump hand lever now to prime the
main fuel pump. The lever is under the fuel pump.

Now bleed the hp lines by slackening off the fuel pipe to injector
connections pressing down the cold start button with the throttle preset
at half speed.

Crank the engine over several times till air free fuel comes from the
slack injector couplings.

Tighten everything up and away you go

JoHn

MLapla4120 wrote:

Hi,
Does anyone know where I could get an MDII B manual? Downloadable
would be preferred since I need it soon. Mainly, I need the instructions
on bleeding air out that has gotten into the fuel line and injectors.

In dire need, have to move the boat soon and air got in when I was changing
out the old fuel, installing filters and installing a diesel heater. Getting
ready
to move to a new marina where I have a live-aboard slip. Projects have been
necessarily speeded up.

thanks
Mark

MLapla4120

I have the manual for the MD2B on my web site at
http://hood.hctc.com/~esteve/private/manuals/

I hope that it will be of some help..

Steve
s/v

Hmmm, I couldn't download it. Any tips?
Or could you send it on email? Can't figure out why it wouldn't load on AOL
and I do have acrobat.

Thanks, the shop manual is what I need
and would fit the bill nicely, I just wasn't
able to get it off the site.

Mark