Steve

Default Wireless remote anchor windlass control

I looked into the CruzPro a couple years ago.. In looking at the wiring
diagram, I don't see how it can keep track of the chain 'up/down' if the
gypsy is released for free fall.. It appears that the counter can only
detect the direction of the gypsy from the power up/down buttons.

With all the 'bells and whistles' they have this thing doing, perhaps the
have something in the gypsy pickup/sensor that can deduce the direction of
rotation.

Steve
s/v Good Intentions

Meindert Sprang

"Steve" wrote in message
I looked into the CruzPro a couple years ago.. In looking at the wiring
diagram, I don't see how it can keep track of the chain 'up/down' if the
gypsy is released for free fall.. It appears that the counter can only
detect the direction of the gypsy from the power up/down buttons.

With all the 'bells and whistles' they have this thing doing, perhaps the
have something in the gypsy pickup/sensor that can deduce the direction of
rotation.

I believe they detect which button is pressed. Now, logic would dictate that
when the sensor picks up pulses without any button signal, the chain is most
likely going down.....:-)

Meindert

Glenn Ashmore

The sensor is a pair of motion detectors, call them U & D. When the
magnet on the chain wheel passes U before it passes D the direction is
up and when it passes D first it is down.

--
Glenn Ashmore

there of) at: http://www.rutuonline.com

Steve

Makes sense.

Steve
s/v Good Intentions

Steve

Makes sense.

Steve
s/v Good Intentions

Alphryd

Check out www.surpluscenter.com found from an earlier thread. Looks like
they have just what you are looking for.
Good luck,
Walt
"Panama" wrote in message
Looking for ideas & components to make my windlass wireless. It makes
it much easier for 1 person to manage the chain coming in - chain wash
wash hose, kelp removal, etc. My windlass is up powered only - so
simple is OK.

I want to install a wireless switch in parallel with the rubber
covered deck button. For years have used a manual wired button but
that's a nuisance.

Looking at somethiing like the stuff from Linear
http://www.linearcorp.com/w_receivers.asp
the DX12 Rec and D22A handheld Xmit about $120 for both

I want the remote to start/stop the windlass only when the button's
pushed or released - not latch and unlatch.

Any suggestions?

at http://www.TitanNews.com

Laurent I

Look: http://www.coastlinetechnology.com/
I use it sine this summer with great satisfaction. Laurent.

. ..
"Panama" wrote in message
Looking for ideas & components to make my windlass wireless. It makes
it much easier for 1 person to manage the chain coming in - chain wash
wash hose, kelp removal, etc. My windlass is up powered only - so
simple is OK.

I want to install a wireless switch in parallel with the rubber
covered deck button. For years have used a manual wired button but
that's a nuisance.

Looking at somethiing like the stuff from Linear
http://www.linearcorp.com/w_receivers.asp
the DX12 Rec and D22A handheld Xmit about $120 for both

I want the remote to start/stop the windlass only when the button's
pushed or released - not latch and unlatch.

Any suggestions?

at http://www.TitanNews.com