Ed Ed is offline

Default Request for balearics forecast.

Where are you getting the forecasts from?

Ed

Hi all,it might seem a bit odd but we are stuck in formentera without
access to internet ,just the google groups through themarina server
is
allowed to be accessed.We would be gratefull if anyone can post the
forecast for balearics ,or palos ,or any other forecast for the area
in a message here ,so we can have an indication of what to expect.we
get the vhf forecast but it is only for 24 hours ,not enough to plan
a passage to sardegnia.
Anyone ?
please if posted try to make it text only so we dont use much
bandwidth.
regards from the rainy baleares ....
George

wrote:
Hi all,it might seem a bit odd but we are stuck in formentera without
access to internet ,just the google groups through themarina server
is
allowed to be accessed.We would be gratefull if anyone can post the
forecast for balearics ,or palos ,or any other forecast for the area
in a message here ,so we can have an indication of what to expect.we
get the vhf forecast but it is only for 24 hours ,not enough to plan
a passage to sardegnia.
Anyone ?
please if posted try to make it text only so we dont use much
bandwidth.
regards from the rainy baleares ....
George

If you had satellite TV, you could watch the Americas Cup from Valencia and
judge the weather from that. The commentators seem to be able to forecast
well ahead. Scotland is basking in bright sunshine at the present time, but
there is a large low centred over Spain, with occluded fronts extending
towards the Balearics, and an occluded front over Italy. Last night's match
between Manchester United and AC Milan was an absolute washout.

There is a massive high in mid-Atlantic which is causing the lows to slide
southwards towards the Med. You may get a gap in a couple of days time, but
after this the weather will deteriorate again.

Spain is shown on all the European weather maps as the worst place to be for
the next couple of days.

Looking at the isometric chart for the area, I would wait a couple of days
before leaving. You may be able to view this at
http://www.wetterzentrale.de/wz/pics/bracka.html in an Internet Cafe.

Dennis.

" wrote in
ups.com:

Hi all,it might seem a bit odd but we are stuck in formentera without
access to internet ,just the google groups through themarina server
is
allowed to be accessed.We would be gratefull if anyone can post the
forecast for balearics ,or palos ,or any other forecast for the area
in a message here ,so we can have an indication of what to expect.we
get the vhf forecast but it is only for 24 hours ,not enough to plan
a passage to sardegnia.
Anyone ?
please if posted try to make it text only so we dont use much
bandwidth.
regards from the rainy baleares ....
George

I'll reply to my own post a few times a day until you tell me to stop,
George, or I don't hear from you any more. Just a simple reply thanks
will tell me you are still seeing these forecasts and want the next one
will do. I'll find out the sked it shows up on the internet and try to
do it ASAP in this thread. Is this what you're looking for?

BBC Wx

FQMQ54 LFPW 030727

Weather bulletin on METAREA 3, METEO-FRANCE,
Toulouse, Thursday 3 May 2007 at 09 UTC.
- Wind speed in BEAUFORT SCALE - Sea : Total significant.
- Please be aware, wind gusts can be a further 40 percent stronger than
the averages given here, and maximum waves may be up to twice the
significant height.
Part 1 : WARNING : none.
Part 2 : General synopsis, Thursday 3 at 00 UTC
Low 1005 over Spain, moving to Balearic Islands in daytime, then 1002
between Corsica and french mainland overnight. Rain, thundery showers and
gusts ove rmain part of basin.
Part 3 : Forecasts to Friday 4 at 12 UTC
EAST OF CABRERA :
Southwest 4 or 5, veering West overnight. Moderate.
BALEARES :
Variable cyclonic 3 to 5, becoming Northwesterly overnight, backing
Southwest at end. Slight, locally moderate tomorrow.
MINORQUE :
Variable cyclonic 3 to 5, becoming Northerly 4 to 6 overnight. Gusts.
Slight, becoming moderate overnight.
LION, West of PROVENCE :
East or Southeast 4 or 5 locally 6 in east, veering Northwest 4 to 6 from
west overnight, locally 7 in west tomorrow. Gusts. Becoming moderate,
locally rough offshore at end.
East of PROVENCE, LIGURE, North of CORSE :
East or Northeast 4 to 6, becoming Variable cyclonic overnight, then
Southwesterly from south in the morning. Gusts. Slight or moderate.
South of CORSE :
Easterly 3 to 5, veering Southwest 4 to 6 overnight, decreasing 4 or 5 in
the morning. Slight or moderate.
SARDAIGNE :
Southwesterly 4 or 5, temporarily Variable cyclonic in north in the
afternoon, veering Westerly tomorrow and increasing 4 to 6 later in
north. Slight or moderate.
MADDALENA, ELBE :
Southeast 4 to 6, locally East in north of Elba, veering Southwest 4 or 5
from south overnight. Becoming moderate.
Weather bulletin on METAREA 3, METEO-FRANCE,
- Please be aware, wind gusts can be a further 40 percent stronger than
the averages given here, and maximum waves may be up to twice the
significant height.
ALBORAN :
West 5 or 6, locally 7 tomorrow. Becoming moderate or rough.
PALOS :
West or Southwest 4 to 6. Moderate locally rough.
ALGER :
West 4 or 5, at times 6 in far west. Becoming moderate.
WEST OF CABRERA :
Southwest 3 to 5, veering West or Northwest overnight. Slight or
moderate.
ANNABA :
West or Southwest 3 to 5. Slight, becoming moderate tomorrow.
TUNISIE, CARBONARA :
South or Southeast 4 to 6, at times 7 between Sardinia and Sicilia at
first, veering West or Southwest 4 or 5 in west overnight and becoming
Variable 3 to 5 in east, becoming Northwesterly 3 to 5 in east at end.
Moderate, locally rough in east in the afternoon.
LIPARI, CIRCEO :
Southeast 4 to 6, becoming Variable 2 to 4 in far west overnight then
Southwest 3 to 5 in west of CIRCEO tomorrow. Slight or moderate.
Part 4 : Outlook for next 24 hours :
Northwest moderate or fresh flow from north of basin to Tunisia and
Sicilia, locally strong over Gulf of Lion ; West moderate flow from
Gibraltar to Algeria and Balearic Islands, locally fresh at times strong
over Alboran Sea.
NNNN

AVANCE DE PREDICCION PARA LAS ZONAS COSTERAS EN ILLES BALEARS

VALIDA DESDE LAS 00 UTC DEL VIERNES 04 DE MAYO HASTA LAS 24 UTC
DEL PROXIMO SABADO 05 DE MAYO DE 2007.

DIA 03 DE MAYO DE 2007 A LAS 12:00 H.O.

1.- PARA EL VIERNES DIA 04 A LAS 00 UTC SE PREVE: BAJA DE 1004
ENTRE BALEARES Y EL GOLFO DE LEON DESPLAZANDOSE HACIA SUE DE
ALEMANIA Y PROFUNDIZANDO HASTA 1002 Y ALTAS PRESIONES DE 1020 AL
OESTE DE PORTUGAL DESPLAZANDOSE EL SABADO HASTA EL INTERIOR DE
LA PENINSULA.

2.- PREDICCION VALIDA DESDE LAS 00 A LAS 24 UTC DEL VIERNES DIA 04
DE MAYO DE 2007.

AGUAS COSTERAS DE MENORCA Y CANAL DE MENORCA: COMPONENTE OESTE
FUERZA 2 A 3 ARRECIANDO A NOROESTE 3-4. AGUACEROS. MAREJADILLA
AUMENTANDO A MAREJADA.

AGUAS COSTERAS DE MALLORCA: COMPONENTE OESTE FUERZA 2 A 3
ARRECIANDO A 3-4. AGUACEROS. MAREJADILLA AUMENTANDO A MAREJADA
EN LAS COSTAS NO PROTEGIDAS.

AGUAS COSTERAS DE CABRERA: COMPONENTE OESTE FUERZA 3 ARRECIANDO A
4-5. MAREJADA CON AREAS DE FUERTE MAREJADA.

ZONAS COSTERAS DE LAS PITIUSAS Y CANAL DE MALLORCA: NOROESTE Y
OESTE FUERZA 3-4. MAREJADA.

3.- AVANCE DE PREDICCION VALIDA HASTA LAS 24 UTC DEL PROXIMO
SABADO DIA 05 DE MAYO DE 2007.

AGUAS COSTERAS DE MENORCA, DE MALLORCA Y CANAL DE MENORCA:
COMPONENTE OESTE FUERZA 2 A 3. ALGUN AGUACERO.

AGUAS COSTERAS DE CABRERA, DE PITIUSAS Y CANAL DE MENORCA:
NOROESTE FUERZA 3 A 4 ROLANDO POR LA TARDE A OESTE FUERZA 2 A 3.

Expires:No;;855138
FZNT01 KWBC 030955
HSFAT1
CCODE/1:31:04:01:00/AOW/NWS/CCODE
HIGH SEAS FORECAST FOR METAREA IV
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC
1030 UTC MAY 03 2007
SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS
SECURITE
NORTH ATLANTIC NORTH OF 31N TO 67N AND WEST OF 35W.
SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC MAY 03.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC MAY 04.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC MAY 05.
..WARNINGS.
....STORM WARNING...
..LOW 42N 53W 1004 MB MOVING NE 40 KT. WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 8
TO 13 FT WITHIN 480 NM SW AND 300 NM SE QUADRANTS.
..24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 52N 36W 989 MB. FORECAST WINDS 35 TO 50 KT
SEAS 14 TO 21 FT WITHIN 240 NM SW AND 300 NM SE QUADRANTS.
ELSEWHERE FORECAST WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 9 TO 15 FT WITHIN 480
NM S SEMICIRCLE...AND 240 NM N AND NE QUADRANTS.
..48 HOUR FORECAST LOW JUST E OF AREA 57N 34W 982 MB. FORECAST
WINDS 40 TO 55 KT SEAS 14 TO 21 FT WITHIN 240 NM NW OF A LINE
FROM 57N 44W TO 61N 38W. ELSEWHERE FORECAST WINDS 25 TO 40 KT
SEAS 9 TO 16 FT WITHIN 660 NM SW AND 540 NM NW QUADRANTS.
....GALE WARNING...
..LOW 52N 52W 992 MB NEARLY STATIONARY...WITH FRONT FROM CENTER
TO 55N 49W TO 55N 40W TO 52N 35W. WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 9 TO 16
FT
WITHIN 600 NM SE QUADRANT...AND WITHIN 240 NM N AND NW OF THE
FRONT.
..24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 52N 51W 992 MB...WITH A FORECAST FRONT
FROM 55N 58W TO 58N 45W TO 60N 38W. FORECAST WINDS 25 TO 40 KT
SEAS 10 TO 18 FT WITHIN 240 NM N AND NW OF FRONT. ELSEWHERE
FORECAST WINDS 20 TO 30 KT SEAS 9 TO 14 FT N OF 58N AND W OF
53W...AND WITHIN 900 NM SW QUADRANT.
..48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 51N 51W 1000 MB. FORECAST WINDS 20 TO 30
KT SEAS 9 TO 15 FT N OF 53N AND W OF 50W. ELSEWHERE FORECAST
WINDS TO 25 KT SEAS 8 TO 12 FT WITHIN 720 NM SW QUADRANT.
....GALE WARNING...
..24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 41N 46W 1008 MB. FORECAST WINDS 20 TO
30 KT SEAS TO 12 FT WITHIN 360 NM S AND SE QUADRANTS.
..36 HOUR FORECAST LOW 47N 37W 1004 MB...WITH A FORECAST FRONT
FROM LOW CENTER TO 39N 43W. FORECAST WINDS 25 TO 35 KT SEAS 8 TO
13 FT WITHIN 360 NM E OF THE FRONT.
..48 HOUR FORECAST LOW E OF THE AREA. FORECAST AREA OF SW WINDS
TO 25 KT SEAS TO 12 FT WITHIN 240 NM SE OF A LINE FROM 42N 35W
TO 38N 47W.
..SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.
..48 HOUR FORECAST AREA OF E TO NE WINDS TO 25 KT SEAS TO 10 FT
FROM 32N TO 35N W OF 64W.
..AREA OF PATCHY DENSE FOG OCCASIONALLY REDUCING VSBY TO BELOW 1
NM FROM 52N TO 55N...E OF 40W.
..24 HOUR FORECAST AREA OF PATCHY DENSE FOG OCCASIONALLY REDUCING
VSBY TO BELOW 1 NM FROM 56N TO 60N BETWEEN 36W AND 43W.
..48 HOUR FORECAST AREA OF PATCHY DENSE FOG OCCASIONALLY REDUCING
VSBY TO BELOW 1 NM FROM 56N TO 61N BETWEEN 36W AND 41W.
..FORECASTER NOLT. OCEAN FORECAST BRANCH.
ATLANTIC FROM 7N TO 31N W OF 35W INCLUDING CARIBBEAN SEA AND
GULF OF MEXICO
SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC THU MAY 03
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC FRI MAY 04
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC SAT MAY 05
..WARNINGS.
NONE.
..SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.
..ATLC S OF 27N BETWEEN 68W AND 73W SE WINDS TO 20 KT SEAS LESS
THAN 8 FT. FROM 12N TO 22N BETWEEN 55W AND 65W AND ALSO FROM
8N TO 11N E OF 55W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT SEAS TO 8 FT IN E SWELL.
..24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 22N TO 28N BETWEEN 68W AND 74W E TO SE
WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS TO 8 FT. FROM 13N TO 20N BETWEEN 55W AND
65W AND FROM 8N TO 15N E OF 55W NE TO E WINDS TO 20 KT SEAS TO
8 FT.
..48 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES NEAR 27N69W 1010 MB. WITHIN 240 NM SE
SEMICIRCLE AND 210 NM NW SEMICIRCLE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS TO 8
FT. FROM 10N TO 16N BETWEEN 55W AND 65W AND FROM 8N TO 19N E OF
55W E WINDS TO 20 KT SEAS TO 8 FT.
..CARIBBEAN FROM 11N TO 18N E OF 80W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT SEAS TO
9 FT IN E SWELL.
..24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 11N TO 18N BETWEEN 75W AND 80W AND S OF
15N E OF 75W E WINDS 20 KT SEAS TO 8 FT.
..48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.
..GULF OF MEXICO FROM 21N TO 25N W OF 90W AND N OF 25N W OF 95W
SE WINDS TO 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
..24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 21N TO 25N W OF 90W AND N OF 25N W OF 93W
SE WINDS TO 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
..48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 20N TO 25N AND FROM 25N TO 27N W OF 94W
SE WINDS TO 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. BETWEEN 87W AND 90W SE
TO S WINDS TO 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
..REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
$$
FORECASTER AGUIRRE
TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER
TROPICAL ANALYSIS AND FORECAST BRANCH

I'd be happy to attach the met weather chart to these messages, only
about 40KB gif files from Weatherweb.net if noone will bitch at me for
posting binaries, but I'm sure it would set off a flamewar.

NAVTEX Larry...(c;

"Ed" wrote in news:Mv-
:

Where are you getting the forecasts from?

Ed

http://www.weatherweb.net/asxx.htm
http://www.franksingleton.clara.net/....html#metarea3
http://weather.gmdss.org/navimail/GM...EA3-W_INMARSAT