Default Pics of Russian Sub Kursk after recovery...

http://englishrussia.com/?p=845#more-845

Larry

Larry wrote:

http://englishrussia.com/?p=845#more-845

Larry

What a mess! My heart goes out to the families of
the submariners who died in that calamity. That
was one big sub...

Don W.

"Gogarty" wrote in message
In article ,
says...

Larry wrote:

http://englishrussia.com/?p=845#more-845

Larry

What a mess! My heart goes out to the families of
the submariners who died in that calamity. That
was one big sub...

Don W.

Disaster at sea from time to time is a given. We learn from it. Spare
some heart for all those so far killed and yet to be killed in Iraq --
for nothing.

Now, now. Record profits for oil companies and Halliburton/subsidiaries is
hardly "for nothing."

KLC Lewis wrote:
"Gogarty" wrote in message
In article ,
says...

Larry wrote:

http://englishrussia.com/?p=845#more-845

Larry
What a mess! My heart goes out to the families of
the submariners who died in that calamity. That
was one big sub...

Don W.

Disaster at sea from time to time is a given. We learn from it. Spare
some heart for all those so far killed and yet to be killed in Iraq --
for nothing.

Now, now. Record profits for oil companies and Halliburton/subsidiaries is
hardly "for nothing."

This reply is not to roil anybodys pot but, something to think about.
Suppose the US suddenly had no need for the gross amounts of oil that
we gobble up. In other words, we went solar, nuclear, and wind in a big
way and other countries did the same.
This would plunge all oil producing countries into economic chaos, in
turn dragging the rest of the world into the same mess.
Mexico, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Iraq, Iran, and all the others would go
t u and we would lose markets.
I've often wondered why neither of our inglorious political parties
do nothing to wean the US off oil, but maybe its not such a hot idea.
Gordon

"Gordon" wrote in message

This reply is not to roil anybodys pot but, something to think about.
Suppose the US suddenly had no need for the gross amounts of oil that we
gobble up. In other words, we went solar, nuclear, and wind in a big way
and other countries did the same.
This would plunge all oil producing countries into economic chaos, in
turn dragging the rest of the world into the same mess.
Mexico, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Iraq, Iran, and all the others would go t
u and we would lose markets.
I've often wondered why neither of our inglorious political parties do
nothing to wean the US off oil, but maybe its not such a hot idea.
Gordon

I suspect that if the USA were to stop importing foreign oil tomorrow, by
the weekend we would find ourselves at war with OPEC (and other
oil-exporting) nations demanding that we start buying their oil again.

"KLC Lewis" wrote in message
et...

"Gordon" wrote in message

This reply is not to roil anybodys pot but, something to think about.
Suppose the US suddenly had no need for the gross amounts of oil that we
gobble up. In other words, we went solar, nuclear, and wind in a big way
and other countries did the same.
This would plunge all oil producing countries into economic chaos, in
turn dragging the rest of the world into the same mess.
Mexico, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Iraq, Iran, and all the others would go t
u and we would lose markets.
I've often wondered why neither of our inglorious political parties do
nothing to wean the US off oil, but maybe its not such a hot idea.
Gordon

I suspect that if the USA were to stop importing foreign oil tomorrow, by
the weekend we would find ourselves at war with OPEC (and other
oil-exporting) nations demanding that we start buying their oil again.

The largest source of oil imports to the US is Canada, exporting 2.386
million barrels per day to the United States.
(http://www.eia.doe.gov/pub/oil_gas/p...nt/import.html)
We have the second largest reserves, after Saudi Arabia.

We are also the largest trading partner of the US.
(http://www.census.gov/foreign-trade/...top/index.html)

Maybe I should not post this; could be grounds for invasion.

"Jack Dale" wrote in message

"KLC Lewis" wrote in message
et...

"Gordon" wrote in message

[...]

I don't think that'll work. I don't think it worked last time. g

Besides, we don't want to kill no kangaroos... oh wait, that's another
country.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

"Capt. JG" wrote in message

Besides, we don't want to kill no kangaroos... oh wait, that's another
country.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

I understand that Canada is lousy with short people.

"KLC Lewis" wrote in message

"Capt. JG" wrote in message

Besides, we don't want to kill no kangaroos... oh wait, that's another
country.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

I understand that Canada is lousy with short people.

What's considered 'short' these days?

Maybe I should not post this; could be grounds for invasion.

I don't think that'll work. I don't think it worked last time. g

Way OT here, but the United States of America has invaded the _nation_
of Canada exactly zero times.

--Tom.