KLC Lewis KLC Lewis is offline

Default Pics of Russian Sub Kursk after recovery...

"Gordon" wrote in message

This reply is not to roil anybodys pot but, something to think about.
Suppose the US suddenly had no need for the gross amounts of oil that we
gobble up. In other words, we went solar, nuclear, and wind in a big way
and other countries did the same.
This would plunge all oil producing countries into economic chaos, in
turn dragging the rest of the world into the same mess.
Mexico, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Iraq, Iran, and all the others would go t
u and we would lose markets.
I've often wondered why neither of our inglorious political parties do
nothing to wean the US off oil, but maybe its not such a hot idea.
Gordon

I suspect that if the USA were to stop importing foreign oil tomorrow, by
the weekend we would find ourselves at war with OPEC (and other
oil-exporting) nations demanding that we start buying their oil again.