Default Tides & Currents Pro

I have an old Tides and Currents Pro which came from Nautical software on two 3.5" floppies. It is
old, I am old, and I love it.

Something happened to the data disk a while back when putting it on another computer I had, but I
found the data files and made a new disk. Unfortunately (and unusually, I think) there were hidden
files on that disk or something and the copy isn't working. I had a wipe and reinstall of my main
laptop computer which I now use for home *and* boat so if I can't get it working on that I am highly
inconvenienced.

Has anyone an old copy to sell or lend?

"Gualtier Malde" wrote in message
. ..
I have an old Tides and Currents Pro which came from Nautical software on
two 3.5" floppies. It is old, I am old, and I love it.

Something happened to the data disk a while back when putting it on
another computer I had, but I found the data files and made a new disk.
Unfortunately (and unusually, I think) there were hidden files on that
disk or something and the copy isn't working. I had a wipe and reinstall
of my main laptop computer which I now use for home *and* boat so if I
can't get it working on that I am highly inconvenienced.

Has anyone an old copy to sell or lend?

You might want to try giving them a call. If you explain the situation, they
might be able to get you a copy of the old version.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

Capt. JG wrote:
"Gualtier Malde" wrote in message
. ..
I have an old Tides and Currents Pro which came from Nautical software on
two 3.5" floppies. It is old, I am old, and I love it.

Something happened to the data disk a while back when putting it on
another computer I had, but I found the data files and made a new disk.
Unfortunately (and unusually, I think) there were hidden files on that
disk or something and the copy isn't working. I had a wipe and reinstall
of my main laptop computer which I now use for home *and* boat so if I
can't get it working on that I am highly inconvenienced.

Has anyone an old copy to sell or lend?

You might want to try giving them a call. If you explain the situation, they
might be able to get you a copy of the old version.

Thank you. Unfortunately "them" (Nautical Software) are gone. Nobeltec acquired them some time ago
and incorporated their algorithms into their navigation program. They do (now) produce what appears
at first sight to be a stand-alone copy. With further examination, however, it looks to me as
though there is a lot of clutter and things I don't want.

However, in the event I can't have my old familiar program back I will go have a look.

In my original posting I should have included a request for the attention of someone who has this
installed and who with whom I could correspond to ask for looking up in the system for the drivers I
think are what work, but I don't seem to know where to put them.

Thank you.

Capt. JG wrote:
[...]

Oh, I figured that about having it installed and I knew that Nobletec
aquired them. Sometimes the acquiring company has old versions sitting
around, and they might comp you one. It never hurts to ask. I always ask for
a supervisor.

You also might want to post the version you're looking for as a replacement.

Best of luck..

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

Capt. JG wrote:
[...]

Free tide and current programs on the web such as jtides.

Gualtier Malde wrote:
I have an old Tides and Currents Pro which came from Nautical software
on two 3.5" floppies. It is old, I am old, and I love it.

Something happened to the data disk a while back when putting it on
another computer I had, but I found the data files and made a new disk.
Unfortunately (and unusually, I think) there were hidden files on that
disk or something and the copy isn't working. I had a wipe and
reinstall of my main laptop computer which I now use for home *and* boat
so if I can't get it working on that I am highly inconvenienced.

Has anyone an old copy to sell or lend?

I should have said this the first time. I am looking to install version 2.5 for windows.

Capt. JG wrote:
[...]

Thing about JTides is that I haven't found out how to make it come up with the area we are in,
rather than having to start with TidesAmerica... etc. There is another that I have and is going at
least to give me some information: http://wxtide32.com/ccount/click.php?id=6 This is called
WXtide32. It doesn't have near the features that T&C has, but it is a heck of a lot better than
noting.

Ship Captain Cites Currents in Crash claus Cruising 6 April 10th 07 10:20 AM
Tides Revisited Bart Senior ASA 26 January 21st 06 11:58 PM
Rip Tides [email protected] General 0 April 9th 05 03:25 AM
High Hurricane Tides Joe ASA 30 September 22nd 04 07:54 PM
Lunatic Tides Gould 0738 General 0 July 14th 04 01:21 AM