posted to alt.sailing.asa
Bart Senior

Default Tides Revisited

What time of year do spring tides have the greatest extremes?

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. Rob

No particular time of year. They happen during full moon and new moon
phases.

RB
35s5 Stronger than the tide
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. JG

Spring new moon and full moon generally. I believe there's also a somewhat
rare event called a proxigeen tide (sp?)... happens when the moon is at its
closest point and a new? moon. (moon is between sun and earth, so that must
be right).

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

"Bart Senior" .@. wrote in message ...
What time of year do spring tides have the greatest extremes?

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Donal

"Bart Senior" .@. wrote in message ...
What time of year do spring tides have the greatest extremes?

March and September.

Do I get a point? I think that I derserve one after all these years!!!

Regards

Donal

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Scotty

oops. Jon is right.
The proxigean spring tide is when a new moon is at max perigee,
called the proxigee.
Happens once every 1.5 years.

SBV

"Capt. JG" wrote in message
Spring new moon and full moon generally. I believe there's also

a somewhat
rare event called a proxigeen tide (sp?)... happens when the

moon is at its
closest point and a new? moon. (moon is between sun and earth,

so that must
be right).

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

"Bart Senior" .@. wrote in message

What time of year do spring tides have the greatest extremes?

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. JG

That's how you spell it... ahhhh....

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

"Capt. JG" wrote in message
Spring new moon and full moon generally. I believe there's also

a somewhat
rare event called a proxigeen tide (sp?)... happens when the

moon is at its
closest point and a new? moon. (moon is between sun and earth,

so that must
be right).

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

"Bart Senior" .@. wrote in message

What time of year do spring tides have the greatest extremes?

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Bart Senior

12 lashes. I specified Spring Tide.

"Commodore Joe Redcloud©" wrote
"Bart Senior" .@. wrote:

What time of year do spring tides have the greatest extremes?

No particular time of year. They happen during full moon and new moon
phases.

Commodore Joe Redcloud©

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Bart Senior