Joe

Default High Hurricane Tides

Are here in Galveston bay.
Ivan must be pushing mucho aqua.
Tides have been 1 -2 ft higher than normal since yesterday.

The highest Ive seen it here in the marina is 5 foot above the docks.
And that was a cat 1. With a 5 we would expect 11-12 foot above the docks.

And here comes Jene next week.

Wonder when one's going to fire up in the Gulf?
Usually its in October but.....this years seems pretty intense and early.

Joe
SAIL LOCO

And that was a cat 1. With a 5 we would expect 11-12 foot above the
docks.

Move to a marina with floating piers.
S/V Express 30 "Ringmaster"
"Trains are a winter sport"
Overproof

Move to a marina with floating piers.
S/V Express 30 "Ringmaster"

A message from the Pier Master!!

When it comes to docks...see Loco!

CM

SAIL LOCO

,Yeah, Lulu! Most marinas with floating DOCKS, have pilings more than
12 feet above mean high water. Sure they do! You tell 'em!

You not only know nothing about boats, we now know you know nothing
about piers, docks, pilings, marinas, tides... The list keeps growing..

I don't know the reason for the attempted slam Bud but most of the marinas
I've seen allow for MORE than 15 foot tides. When Isabel hit the Chesapeake
last summer I moved my boat to a marina that has floating piers. The pilings
before the storm were approx 15 feet above the pier. During the height of the
storm they were a foot above the pier. So before you tell someone they know
nothing check into the topic first hand. You are aparently the fool here who
knows nothing about boats or floating docks.
S/V Express 30 "Ringmaster"
"Trains are a winter sport"
SAIL LOCO

Yeah, at LOW tide, LuLu!!! Where I keep my boat the pilings are about
15 feet above Low tide, too. But then, we have about a 6 foot tide
here. It's about the same at every Marina in my area..

Get lost. Your backpeddeling. Since tides are different you should have
skipped trying to slam me.
Floating marinas work in a storm surge. Period.
S/V Express 30 "Ringmaster"
"Trains are a winter sport"

Donal

wrote in message

Yeah, at LOW tide, LuLu!!! Where I keep my boat the pilings are about
15 feet above Low tide, too. But then, we have about a 6 foot tide
here. It's about the same at every Marina in my area.

How often do you get hit by hurricanes?

Regards

Donal

SAIL LOCO

So, your position is that docks have never floated up and off of their
pilings
during a storm surge? That's odd, because Insurance companies all know this,
even though many of their employees have never set foot on a dock, or sailed.
Apparently even filing clerks at Allstate know more about boats than you.

Hey dimwit I never said never. A few years ago one marina near Baltimore did
float over the pilings during a surge. Because it happens to one does not mean
it will happen to all. Keep making the smart comments if that makes you feel
like a big man. Doesn't prove you know anything however.
S/V Express 30 "Ringmaster"
"Trains are a winter sport"
Scott Vernon

wrote

So, your position is that docks have never floated up and off of

their pilings
during a storm surge?

Did Loco write that. I seem to have missed that post.

Scotty

Donal

wrote in message
On Tue, 14 Sep 2004 23:13:07 +0100, "Donal" wrote:

wrote in message
.. .

Yeah, at LOW tide, LuLu!!! Where I keep my boat the pilings are about
15 feet above Low tide, too. But then, we have about a 6 foot tide
here. It's about the same at every Marina in my area.

How often do you get hit by hurricanes?

Every few years.

I must admit that I thought that you were not in the hurricane zone.

Aren't you somewhere around NY?

Our pilings are about 21 ft above low water. Our HW can be 16 feet above
LWS, so you have more scope built in.

Regards

Donal

Lunatic Tides Gould 0738 General 0 July 14th 04 01:21 AM
High Thrust vs. Low for Kicker Sylvester Sullivan Boat Building 3 May 31st 04 04:30 PM
MT. DIABLO HIGH SCHOOL CONCORD, CA PHOTOS MT. DIABLO HIGH SCHOOL PHOTOS General 1 October 13th 03 03:35 AM
MT. DIABLO HIGH SCHOOL CONCORD, CA PHOTOS MT. DIABLO HIGH SCHOOL PHOTOS General 0 October 9th 03 11:47 PM
Hurricane Don Juan... Capt. Mooron ASA 21 October 6th 03 11:05 PM