Vito

"Donal" wrote
..... Most people on my pontoon would have offered you the use of a
Rubenesque female for at least 45 minutes.

And just what can get done in 45 minutes? Why that's barely to do the
dishes and laundry .... (c:

Parallax

"Donal" wrote in message ...
wrote in message
On Wed, 15 Sep 2004 23:24:32 +0100, "Donal" wrote:

Our pilings are about 21 ft above low water. Our HW can be 16 feet

above
LWS, so you have more scope built in.

So if there was a storm surge that cause the water to rise 9 feet above

normal
high tide, what would happen? Thank you.

Last year we had a F9 which didn't cause a problem in the marinas.

AFAIK, the biggest storm that has hit us was in 1989. IIRC, only one marina
had a pontoon float free of it's pilings.

Regards

Donal
--

Here in Apalachee bay (NE corner of Gulf of Mexico), predicted storm
surges for a category 4 hurricane is over 20 feet. In the 1800s there
Donal

wrote in message
On Thu, 16 Sep 2004 00:51:00 +0100, "Donal" wrote:

Our pilings are about 21 ft above low water. Our HW can be 16 feet

above
LWS, so you have more scope built in.

So, at high tide, you have pilings that are 21minus16 feet above the

surface.
That sounds like 5 feet above the surface to me.

Top marks!

So if there was a storm surge that cause the water to rise 9 feet above

normal
high tide, what would happen? Thank you.

Let's see now... Your pilings are 5 feet above the surface of the water at

high
tide, and a storm surge makes the tide an extra 9 feet above that.

Hmmmm...

Emmmm ... we don't get storm surges like that.

Last year we had a F9 which didn't cause a problem in the marinas.

Forget wind, how high was the storm surge. This thread is not about the

Beaufort
scale.

AFAIK, the biggest storm that has hit us was in 1989. IIRC, only one

marina
had a pontoon float free of it's pilings.

Then your storm surges must generally be less than 5 feet for the most

part.

You are a genius!

Otherwise your docks would all rise over their pilings and take off.

Correct.

You have confirmed that in your area, pilings are not equipped to deal

with more
than a 5 or 6 foot storm surge.

Yes.

Thanks for confirming that Loco is a lubber.

Idiot! How do you think that the degree of storm surge in my locality has
any affect on Loco's abilities as a seaman?

I think that you have just confirmed that you are a bit stupid.

Please feel free to prove me wrong by demonstrating how the Portsmouth
"storm surge" is related to Loco's abilities.

Regards

Donal

John Cairns

"Donal" wrote in message

wrote in message
[...]

Watch it Donal, BB is going to start complaining to your ISP.
John Cairns

Donal

"John Cairns" wrote in message
m...

Watch it Donal, BB is going to start complaining to your ISP.
John Cairns

heh heh, You might be right!

If my ISP forwards any complaints to me, then I'll report them to the group.

Sadly, I suspect that BB will mark his complaints "Confidential". sigh

Regards

Dona--

Donal

wrote in message
On Sun, 19 Sep 2004 23:26:45 +0100, "Donal" wrote:

Donald is a complete dope.

Is he dumber than you?

Regards

Donal

Joe

"Jonathan Ganz" wrote in message ...
So, you believe that only secretaries and office assistants should
be able to write correctly? Got it.

Your wrong Jonboy, I think everyone should be able to write correctly.

That's pretty low brow Joe.

Hey I admit I'm not the best speller, and I'm lousy at proper grammer.

Thats why I hire a secretary to write letters when the grammer and
correct spelling is important. Id rather focus on other skills.

I was just trying to give you the benefit of my education.

Thats mighty nice of you there Jonboy.

I will try to do better.

Please keep up the grammer Nazi role to motivate I.

Joe

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

"Joe" wrote in message
m...
(Jonathan Ganz) wrote in message
In article ,
Joe wrote:
One guy in the next slip over had a cabin cruiser and I tended his
lines while he was out of town. He insisted on giving me a 100 bucks.
I did not want to take it but he said he would throw it in the water
if I did not. Was a nice dinner for Terry and I.

Joe

Joe, just so you know... the sentence fragment is also grammatically
incorrect. It should read "Terry and me" not "Terry and I."

Why thank you Jon,

BTW we are looking for a new secretary....Opps I mean admin assistant.

Do you make coffee? Will you pick up dry cleaning, empty the waste
baskets?.
can you type 35 WPM..If so... send me a resume we pay 3.25 an hour.

Joe

Lunatic Tides Gould 0738 General 0 July 14th 04 01:21 AM
High Thrust vs. Low for Kicker Sylvester Sullivan Boat Building 3 May 31st 04 04:30 PM
MT. DIABLO HIGH SCHOOL CONCORD, CA PHOTOS MT. DIABLO HIGH SCHOOL PHOTOS General 1 October 13th 03 03:35 AM
MT. DIABLO HIGH SCHOOL CONCORD, CA PHOTOS MT. DIABLO HIGH SCHOOL PHOTOS General 0 October 9th 03 11:47 PM
Hurricane Don Juan... Capt. Mooron ASA 21 October 6th 03 11:05 PM