Joe

(SAIL LOCO) wrote in message ...
And that was a cat 1. With a 5 we would expect 11-12 foot above the
docks.

Move to a marina with floating piers.

NO.

9 reasons why

1 I would have to walk down most likely a long pier to get to deep
enough water for my boat. Now I park my car and truck 25 feet from the
boat

2 I would have to pay for electricity. Here it is included with my
slip

3 I would have to leave the best view on the lake. Ask Jim Cate he
knows I have an awesome view of the lake and sunsets.

4 I would not have room on the dock for my swimming pool, picnic
tables, lawn furnature, two large dock boxes, dog cage, ect.....

5 I have lived in a marina with floating docks and I worried about the
whole marina floating above the pilons and destroying everyones boats.

6 I have a nice yard, palm trees, aloe plants, cactus, ect.

7 here I have a 10X20 tent over my picnic table just in front of the
boat.

8 it only floods one or twice a year so its not that big of a deal.

9 here Im right next to a cut between 2 lakes and I can castnet enough
Shrimp for dinner in about 30 min anyday.

Besides a good flood cleans the place up a bit, all the ants get
washed out and the dumb ass powerboaters leave some much gear adrift
you find some nice stuff floating by.

Joe

S/V Express 30 "Ringmaster"
"Trains are a winter sport"